Top Ten Artists Of All Time

Top Ten Artists Of All Time

Here is a list of ten artists that you have to listen to at least once

290
Top Ten Artists Of All Time
www.aprilnews.com

One of the greatest debates in the music world among listeners and even between record companies revolves around the highly controversial topic of who’s the best artist of all time. The answer is that there is no such things as the best artist because each year they get replaced by a new artist. But on the other hand, there are some artist who leave a mark on the world by their work and you have to listen to them at least once in your life time, even if they are from the 80's. Here are the top ten list of artists who you have to listen to at least once in your life time.

10) Celine Dion

Celine Dion is the only female artist to have two singles to sell more than a million copies in the UK and her 1995 album D’eux is the best-selling French-language album of all time to date.

9) Mariah Carey

Mariah was the best-selling recording artist of the 1990s; she has eighteen number one singles in the US, which makes her the female artist with the most number one singles in history, and to top it all off, she has a five-octave vocal range.

8) Eagles

The Eagles are the biggest-selling American band of all time, with an estimated total of over 150 million records worldwide, their Greatest Hits (1971–1975) shares the top spot with Michael Jackson’s Thriller as the best-selling album ever in the US with 29 million copies sold.

7) Led Zeppelin

They are the second best-selling band in the United States behind the Beatles and one of the most commercially successful music acts in history.

6) Garth Brooks

Garth Brooks is statistically the biggest-selling music artist in US history and overall third behind the Beatles and Elvis Presley. He’s the solo artist with the most diamond albums in RIAA’s history, with six of his albums achieving sales of over 10 million copies.

5) Elton John

Elton John ruled the pop and rock airwaves throughout the ‘70s, allowing him to attain superstar status around the world by the time he was thirty. The 1997 version of “Candle in the Wind,” which was rewritten to celebrate the life of Princess Diana, sold over 33 million copies worldwide and is considered to be the best-selling single of all time.

4) Madonna

Madonna is one of the very few artists in history who was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in her first year of eligibility.She has been recognized as the best-selling female recording artist of all time by the Guinness Book of World Records.

3) Micheal Jackson

The “King of Pop” set numerous records during the course of his epic career including the best-selling album of all time (Thriller), the best-selling music video of all time, and winning more music awards than any other musician or band in history.

2) Elvis Presley

“The King” is the only solo artist in history who has broken the 200 million barrier. Elvis has more gold (90), platinum (52) and multi-platinum (25) album awards than any artist and is the best-selling solo artist of all time in the US.

1) The Beatles

The Beatles hold pretty much every music record there is and that’s not an exaggeration whatsoever: They have the most number one albums on the US charts with 19; the most number one singles in the US with 20; the most number one albums on the British charts, and have sold more singles in the UK than any other act.