11 Best Bands Of The 70s And 80s

11 Best Bands Of The 70s And 80s

"Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy."

16708
11 Best Bands Of The 70s And 80s
www.playbuzz.com

The 1970s and 80s were an iconic time for all types of music. Moreover, it is safe to say that Rock 'n' Roll played a major part in shaping today's music, with all of its catchy past tunes and riffs. Out of the many great rock bands over the years, these top 11 have set the bar for music lovers everywhere.

1. The Eagles

Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, Joe Walsh, and Randy Meisner make up this classic band. The Eagles often change up the music in their songs with either a smooth, classic country vibe or with guitar heavy chords. When those first few notes of Take it Easy come on the radio, it's difficult not to sing along.

2. Fleetwood Mac

Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood are all members in this band named after the founder himself. Mick Fleetwood is also the drummer of the band, which makes him pretty cool if I do say so myself.

3. Aerosmith

You know him and you love him. Steven Tyler leads this super famous rock band with hits like, Dream On, Back in the Saddle, and Rag Doll.

4. CCR

Creedence Clearwater Revival has a more R&B sound than rock, but they still deserve a spot on this list with their smooth grooves and bouncy rhythms.

5. Foreigner

Led by Lou Gramm, Foreigner had several hits, including Hot Blooded and Waiting for a Girl Like You. But let's not forget Urgent, the song that holds a special place in my heart with its heavy saxophone solo worth listening to.

6. Led Zeppelin

Calling Rock 'n' Roll fans everywhere. If you're still stuck in the 70s, then this band is definitely for you.

7. Journey

Who could forget that iconic tune of Don't Stop Believin’? I promise not to stop believing if you won't.

8. Lynyrd Skynyrd

There's like nothing driving around town in the summer with your windows down listening to Sweet Home Alabama or Free Bird. Put this band down in the history books.

9. Queen

Freddie Mercury fronts this band with his powerful vocals and flamboyant style. It's safe to say Bohemian Rhapsody will be a favorite song of many no matter what age you are.

10. Steve Miller Band

The Steve Miller Band isn't really mainstream, but if you're a “gangster of love” or a “space cowboy,” then you'll love the smooth, easy stylings of their music. Definitely can't “be a Joker” about this one.

11. The Rolling Stones

Even though Mick Jagger has a way with words, it is often hard to understand the lyrics to most of the Stones' songs. However, this iconic British rock band has made their mark on American pop culture that will last for generations.

When you find yourself listening to the music of today, don't forget about these golden gems of the past and the unforgettable music they released throughout the years.
From Your Site Articles