11 SpongeBob Episodes That Send You Right Back To Your Childhood

Ahhhh the nostalgia!

254
Nickelodeon

If you grew up in the late 90's or 2000's, you most likely have seen the hit tv show SpongeBob SquarePants. Many episodes captured the hearts of people and it is still being aired to this day. You know what they say... if I'm a Goofy Goober, you're a Goofer Goober too. Lets jump back into your childhood with these episodes.

1. The one where Bikini Bottom plays at the SuperBowl

This episode is an absolute classic and a must-see of the series. The well known quote, "Is mayonnaise an instrument" stems from this episode. The episode starts off with Squidward trying to create a band to play at the "bubble bowl" and ends with a performance of "sweet victory".

2. The one where SpongeBob and Patrick get paint on Mr. Krabs' first dollar 

This classic episode is where SpongeBob and Patrick are instructed to paint Mr. Krabs' house. While painting, they get a drip of paint on Mr. Krabs' first dollar. In the process of trying to get the blue paint off of the bill, they end up smearing it more. It is resolved in the end when they realize that it was waterproof paint (not quite sure how they were able to paint a house underwater with waterproof paint).

3. The one where Squidward convinces Squillim that he owns a 5-star restaurant 

This is one of the most relatable episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants. SpongeBob is told to clear his memory of everything he knew before so that he can become a 5-star server at Squidward's fake restaurant. This scene in the episode is an accurate description of every college student ever.

4. The one where SpongeBob and Patrick sell chocolate

Spongebob and Patrick go house to house selling chocolate in this episode. They come across this man that screams "chocolate" and end up running from this guy the whole time when all he wanted to do was buy some chocolate. One thing is for sure... the crusty, raspy-voiced old fish in this episode still gives me the heebie-jeebies.

5. The one where SpongeBob and Squidward deliver a Krusty Krab pizza

Am I the only one that still gets the Krusty Krab pizza song stuck in my head on occasion? Yes? This episode stems from Mr.Krabs creating a pizza and sending SpongeBob and Squidward to deliver it. They have a rough time getting to the customer only to find out they forgot his soda he had ordered.

6. The one where SpongeBob needs water

SpongeBob decided to go over to his new friend Sandy's house. During this episode SpongeBob quickly realizes that he needs water, as Sandy lives in an air dome. He starts to shrivel up and tries not to disrespect Sandy as he desperately searches for an exit. All ends well when he tells Sandy he needs water!

7. The one where Squidward moves into a squid-only neighborhood

This episode is when Squidward moves into an all-squid community and has a daily schedule that won't change. Seems perfect at first but then it turns into a complete nightmare. Meanwhile, SpongeBob and Patrick try and break Squidward out and hope to bring him back home.

8. The one where Squidward figures out that he likes Krabby Patties

Squidward denied liking Krabby Patties for so long... so when he tried one for the first time he was hooked. He locked himself in the "patty" vault and ate until it all went to his thighs... and then exploded. The original "mukbang" if you will.

9. The one with the Hash-Slinging-Slasher

It's the Hash-bringing... Hash-slinging...Bash-singing...Hash-Slinging-Slasher! When Squidward convinces SpongeBob that the Hash-Slinging-Slasher exists, they both get a fright when a scary figure walks through the door. Too bad it was just old man Jenkins with a spatula applying for a job at the Krusty Krab.

10. The one where SpongeBob and Patrick learn how to use swear words

This has to be the most entertaining episode of all. As kids we knew that they were swearing via dolphin noise, but as adults, you can most certainly fill in the words they really are using. SpongeBob and Patrick find "sentence enhancers" in this episode and cause a huge upset when using their new language in public.

11. The one where they go camping

This episode is when Spongebob, Patrick, and Squidward go camping. Let me jog your memory... "Let's gather round' the campfire and sing our campfire song. Our C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G song". Each verse gets faster and faster and harder to sing along with, but this episode is truly a treasure.