A Playlist From The iPod Of A Middle Schooler In 2013

The time has come for early 2010s nostalgia.

264

Social media was just on the cusp of being in nearly every aspect of our lives, Obama was entering his second presidential term, and internet trends began to reach people by the billions. People quoted Perks of Being a Wallflower on their sepia-toned Tumblrs, showed their friends this new thing called "Vine", and walked outside in galaxy leggings. The world was a strange and interesting place, and even more so when looked at through the eyes of a middle schooler. While it hasn't even been a full decade since 2013, the world has changed so rapidly that trends back then feel like relics from another era. Here are a few songs that will have you singing along in the name of 2013... right after you put your Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm on.

1. "Royals"- Lorde

Royals GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

2. "I Love It"- Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX

Icona Pop GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

3. "Still Into You"- Paramore

gif hayley williams paramore paramoreedit Still Into You ...

4. "Do I Wanna Know?"- Arctic Monkeys

Do I Wanna Know? GIF | Gfycat

5. "Until We Get There"- Lucius

AN ODE TO LEADING FEMALES: Lucius Edition GIF | Gfycat

6. "Sweater Weather"- The Neighbourhood

The Neighbourhood Sweater Weather GIF - TheNeighbourhood ...

7. "Cups"- Anna Kendrick

cup song gifs | WiffleGif

8. "Little Talks"- Of Monsters and Men

Animated gif about omam in Of Monsters and Men by shegotta pretty ...

9. "Mirrors"- Justin Timberlake

justin timberlake mirrors | Tumblr

10. "Summertime Sadness" Lana Del Rey

summertime sadness follow 4 follow gif | WiffleGif

11. "Get Lucky"- Daft Punk

Best Get Lucky Daft Punk GIFs | Find the top GIF on Gfycat

12. "When I Was Your Man"- Bruno Mars

When I Was Your Man GIF by Bruno Mars - Find & Share on GIPHY

13. "We Can't Stop"- Miley Cyrus

We Can'T Stop GIF by Miley Cyrus - Find & Share on GIPHY

14. "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark"- Fall Out Boy

My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark Light Em Up GIFs - Get the ...

15. "Counting Stars"- OneRepublic

Ryan Tedder counting stars gif | Ryan tedder, One republic, My ...

16. "Roar"- Katy Perry

Music Video Roar GIF by Katy Perry - Find & Share on GIPHY

17. "Wake Me Up"- Avicii

Wake Me Up When Its All Over Avicii GIF - WakeMeUpWhenItsAllOver ...

18. "You're Not the One"- Sky Ferreira

sky ferreira you're not the one | Tumblr

19. "Sweet Nothing"- Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch

Calvin harris florence welch sweet nothing GIF on GIFER - by Axehammer

20. "This Is Gospel"- Panic! At The Disco

brendon urie panic at the disco patd gif this is gospel ...

21. "Best Day Of My Life"- American Authors

American Authors - Best Day Of My Life GIF | Gfycat

22. "Unbelievers"- Vampire Weekend

Unbelievers GIF | Gfycat

23. "Burn"- Ellie Goulding

Ellie Goulding GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

24. "Radioactive"- Imagine Dragons

Imagine Dragons video Radioactive - GIF on Imgur

25. "Diamonds"- Rihanna

Rihanna Diamonds GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY