Top 6 Netflix Shows To Binge On When You Need To Wind Down

Here are some of my all-time favorite shows you can find on Netflix right now.

143
Mc Jefferson // Unsplash

One of my favorite things to do is watch Netflix. I sit back after a long day of classes and catch up on my favorite shows and series. This is an everyday occurrence (and my roommate can vouch for this) and is so relaxing. However, I find myself constantly giving people ideas on shows to watch when they want to wind down their day with a good show. With that in mind, I present, my top six personal favorite shows.

1. Supernatural

This show is one of character development, twist and turns, and a truly passionate fan base! Now in its 12th season on television this show is not exactly kid friendly, however, it is amazing when you’re looking for a good thriller. Just don’t get attached to anyone…actually you can, they’ll probably be back next season.

2. Gotham

If you’re into crime shows and superheroes, then you’ll love Gotham. Based on the Batman character by DC comics, Gotham gives the backstory of all your major characters and focuses on what made Batman the man we know today. This show is only in its third season and is not exactly kid friendly but satisfies all Batman fans young and old.

3. Sherlock

Sherlock Holmes is given a modern look into today’s society where Twitter and texting are easier than catching a horse and buggy to tell Inspector Lestrade who the killer is. There is only one episode that is not kid friendly (some sligh jokes here and there) but if you’re looking for amazing acting, a great cast, and a highly functioning sociopath then this is the show for you.

4.The Flash

Back to the theme of superheroes, number four on this list is The Flash. Based on the story of the ever-popular speedster we are given a fresh look on Barry Allen and his friends at S.T.A.R. labs. With a flair for the dramatic and for a good twist, The Flash is kid friendly and fun to watch for all fans of D.C. comics. However, you may want to catch up on The Arrow and SuperGirl also as there are some crossovers.

5. Netflix’s Daredevil

If you’re more of Marvel fan, Daredevil may be more your style. Based off the semi-blind crime fighter of Hell’s Kitchen, Daredevil is a great superhero with an even greater story. Daredevil actually does what a lot of other shows do not and gives you a look into the bad guy’s side of things and makes you question who is really in the wrong here. While this show is generally okay for kids, parental supervision never hurt anyone and I’m sure everyone will enjoy this show either way.

6.Once Upon a Time

What if your favorite princes and princesses were in today’s world? What if they did not know who they were? What if Rumpelstiltskin was actually kind of cool and not just bent on ruining everyone’s birthday? Once Upon a Time takes that old time magic of good storytelling and transfers it into the modern world in a way that makes you sit on the edge of your seat. Kid friendly and full of suspense, Once Upon a Time is fun for the whole family!

So, there you go, six of my personal favorite shows that you can find on Netflix and get as wrapped in them as I am. Make sure to go follow my page along with the Anderson University page, find us on social media and I will see you guys next time! (What are you still doing here? The article is over…go watch Netflix or something).