Get Your Laugh On with These Top Notch Comedies

Get Your Laugh On With These Top Notch Comedies

These Emmy-nominated comedy series will keep you laughing and entertained!

29
https://www.flickr.com/photos/minglemediatv/18421803829/in/photolist-u4Sytp-FsddqG-Tm6zbf-Tm6woG-Ur3Zuk-BCjtbr-UokaSb-J6W71Z-T3m8D3-u6Tqkr-Gafhb6-rCzaZQ-u6BunL-uoCeoR-uoPCMt-Tm6xsW-RPqpb1-Tm6wPm-EH4BZd-Uokb8S-UokaZ5-Tm6w6N-U3t1NG-T6YhdM-Tm6zc7-u6Kr7H-AGUEEo-XdNHdu-rxCQHK-T3m8MQ-U3t1eq-WfhyMt-Tm6wr7-WWWFLp-wL1HY-25QEzVE-Tm6w9d-Tm6vHJ-Tm6ypA-Tm6wVy-Tm6yDo-U3sVZd-UokaVC-Tm6yZd-U3sZQu-Tm6wzd-UCyP1c-Tm6zSf-U3t1yU-Tm6ym9
Flickr

It's Emmy season, and this year's list of nominees does not disappoint. If you haven't watched these comedy series or are looking for a new comedy to binge instead of watching another episode of The Office, this list is your inspiration.

Dive into one (or all) of these great comedies -- you won't regret it!

1. "Atlanta"

This comedy series created by Childish Gambino himself (aka Donald Glover) dives into the world of rap in the city of ATL. This series follows up-and-coming rapper Alfred Miles as he tries to make a name for himself in the business. Alfred is managed by his cousin, Earn, who scraps for his rapper cousin and does anything he needs to do to get his career off the ground. Tune into this series for fantastic writing, intriguing storylines and to get a feel for Atlanta and the rap industry flourishing there.

2. "Barry"

"Barry" is new to HBO and has been Bill Hader's baby for years as he's worked to bring it to the small screen. Hadar plays Barry, an undercover hitman who is good at his job but wants something more. When he travels to LA to execute a hit on an actor who's sleeping with a mobster's wife, he gets a taste of the acting class by following his target right into one. This leads him down a path of pursuing acting and falling for an acting classmate, but his hitman handler isn't having it. This unique comedy will have you hooked!

3. "Black-ish"

"Black-ish" burst on the network TV scene as a breath of fresh air in 2014 and has continued to deliver culturally relevant plotlines ever since. With plotlines involving racism, LGBTQ issues, police brutality and more, this show delivers honest and real lessons while still bringing levity to the everyday typical family situation. Tune in to enjoy Anthony Anderson and queen Tracee Ellis Ross instill cultural identity in their family, teach their kids life lessons, and try to survive parenting four lively children under one roof.

4. "Curb Your Enthusiasm"

I mean, do I really have to sell this one? Larry David is the king. He's dry. He's sarcastic. He's mean. He's hilarious. The latest season, season 9, is a reboot from the long-running series that went on hiatus. Back and as good as the original episodes, this season explores Larry writing a musical called "Fatwa!" and up to his usual antics of being fed up with everyone around him. There is no shortage of Larry getting himself into hot water and trying to avoid sticky situations in this season. If you haven't watched all of "Curb," the time is now.

5. "GLOW"

The Gorgeous Ladies of Female Wrestling are back and better than ever! These strong, motivated and hilarious ladies are trying to make a name for themselves in entertainment by starring in the show "GLOW." Each cast member has their own wrestling persona, but Zoya the Destroya and Liberty Belle steal the show. The insanely well-developed characters make this show, and you'll find yourself having a soft spot for Sam, Ruth, Debbie, and Bash. Even if you think wrestling isn't your thing, this Netflix original comedy is definitely worth the watch.

6. "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"

Brought to you by the wonderful Amy Sherman-Palladino of "Gilmore Girls" fame, this Amazon series is quite unique. Midge Maisel is living with her family on the Upper West Side until her marriage falls apart, and she accidentally stumbles into a talent she didn't know she had: stand-up comedy. Maisel performs at clubs and venues across NYC in her venture to become a famous stand-up comedian and make it onto "The Tonight Show." Main star Rachel Brosnahan's performance as Midge Maisel is light and fun, but also truly delivers.

7. "Silicon Valley"

If you're looking for a glimpse into what America's tech hub is truly like, this HBO comedy delivers. The dry humor and cast of typical tech geeks in "Silicon Valley" allows you to experience the startup life. Richard founds internet startup Pied Piper and recruits his group of nerdy "friends" to tackle the ups and downs of Silicon Valley life. Sit back and laugh as you watch this group of anti-social software coders encounter greedy venture capitalists, tech plagiarism, funding issues and everything else that accompanies founding a startup.

8. "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"

Females are strong as hell! If you didn't think a sitcom about four women escaping an underground bunker cult after 15 years could be funny, think again. Kimmy escapes the bunker and wants to reclaim her life by moving to NYC, and her obliviousness to life in the current era makes for some laugh-out-loud one-liners. Kimmy will get you hooked, but stay tuned in for her roommate Titus' over-the-top persona and her landlord Lilian's outrageous tirade against gentrification. UKS is 100% worth the watch! Hashbrown, no filter.