Top 25 Jams on Spotify

Top 25 Jams on Spotify

Hidden gems that deserve a listen

170
Top 25 Jams on Spotify
www.amazon.com

Whenever people ask me what my favorite bands are, I usually can't tell them. Most of the time, I can't tell you who wrote the song or what the title is, but if I hear it come over the speakers of a restaurant you can bet your bottom dollar I'll break into song and dance right in the middle of that establishment. Here are 25 songs on Spotify you might not know, but are 100% jam-worthy. So sit back, open up your Spotify app, and jam your way to 2018 in style.

1. Lord Remind Me- Jon and Valerie Guerra

Christmas has just passed, so to keep yourself in the holiday spirit, check out this album. Not only is the entire album amazing, but it's original and beautifully done by this husband wife duo. This song in particular will make you break down crying in the middle of 5 o'clock traffic, so grab a tissue beforehand.

2. Forest Whitaker- Bad Books

My friend once told me that this was the saddest song that they had ever heard because of the lyric, "I got a bird that repeats what I say but 'I'm lonely' is all that it's heard." Still, it's pretty relatable.

3. Here Come Those Eyes- Chris Rice

This song just makes me happy. Also, can't you imagine your future beau singing this about you??

4. What Can I Do (But Love You)- Joy Williams

This is just another feel good song that makes my heart happy. Also, it is pretty easy to play on the guitar if you want to give it a go (I know from experience).

5. Little Miss Sunshine- Caleb Hawley

Literally could jam to this song all day long, but around 1:15 is my favorite part.

6. You Can't Force A Dance Party- Dent May

Again, just a great jam and frankly, good advice.

7. Simple Love- Isaac and Joel

Simple song about some simple love. And hopefully, you'll love it too.

8. Another Day of Sun- La La Land

This movie is quite possibly my favorite movie of all time. Right behind Ferris Bueller's Day Off and When Harry Met Sally. The whole album is brilliant and I can't tell you how many times I've listened to it all the way through.

9. Anna Muse- Felix Rabito

I want to sing professionally for a living, but this song is one that I will sing dramatically out of tune every time.

10. Make You Mine- Us The Duo

This song got me through a bad break up with one lyric: "'Cause when you find the one you've been dreaming of you will hurt no more."

11. Hey Lady- Stephen Day

This is a sweet song about a guy pursuing a girl that makes me grin.

12. You Go Down Smooth- Lake Street Drive

I once heard this song in a restaurant and stopped all conversation just in time to recognize the chorus and sing "you go down smmmmOOOOOooooooooOOOTH".

13. Raised By Wolves- Voxtrot

Shout out to my friend Charlie who loves this band as much as I do. Another of my favorites from this album is "The Start of Something".

14. Snow In Venice- Elizaveta

This song is absolutely beautiful but no matter how much I love it, I sing the words wrong every time.

15. I'll Have To Dance With Cassie- God Help The Girl

FAVORITE.SONG.OF.ALL.TIME. Another great song in this album is "Perfection As A Hipster". FYI, people don't usually like it if you "boogie to the right" on them like the lyrics suggest. But I do it anyways.

16. Baby I'm Yours- Arctic Monkeys

This is just a cute song that reminds me of the 50's and quite frankly just makes me smile.

17. Keep Breathing- Ingrid Michaelson

I went to a Shakespeare camp when I was 8-years-old and at the end of each day, we would all lay on the ground, listen to this song, and just let the day sink it. It calmed us all down and has been a huge part of my life ever since.

18. Colors- April Smith and the Great Picture Show

Again, just a fun song.

19.Having a Good Day- Benj Heard

I love this song because it talks about a guy who has a lot of not good stuff happen to him, but refuses to let it bring down his mood.

20. Absentee- Jack Campbell

This song makes a cool change around 1:50 that's worth a listen.

21. Caroline- Noah Gunderson

Another beautiful song introduced to me by my friend Caroline in high school. I actually know all the words to this one.

22. Human Hands- Sondre Lerche and the Faces Down Guartet

Just a good jam.

23. Raisin' a Boy- Strahan

I love this song because it's Christian music that doesn't sound like Christian music. It sounds like it's based off of 1 Cor. 3:1-3 “Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly – mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly…”

24. Messiah/ You're Beautiful- Phil Wickham

This is a beautiful song to worship to.

25. It Had To Be You- Frank Sinatra

Last but not least, this gorgeous classic and one of my favorite romance songs.