Top 5 Gifts Your Girlfriend Actually Wants For Christmas

The gift she wants, but won't ask for.

139

Girls are hard to shop for, we all know this.

You want to get your girlfriend the perfect gift, but when you ask her what she wants she hits you with “Babe, you don't have to get me anything!" Or the dreaded “C’mon babe, you know what I like!” Here are five "no fail" gift ideas that are sure to make any girl smile!

1. A complete date night, planned by YOU.

This is on the more expensive side, and yes I know it is more of an experience than an actual ‘"gift." Truth is, the best gift that you can give your significant other is your time, and this gift allows you to do that. Girls love a man who takes initiative - pick the restaurant and make reservations, and if you want to go all out, surprise her with a new outfit to wear as well. Dates are always better when they are accompanied by an activity - a movie, putt-putt, a concert, or even checking out a new place for a couple drinks are just a few ideas. Making memories and bonding is so much more important than a material gift - and she will appreciate you putting in the time and effort.

2. Jewelry, duh.

Now, not all girls like jewelry, but the majority of us do. Personally, I'm partial to necklaces. However, a common misconception is that you need to go to a fancy jewelry store - this is wrong. It doesn't matter where you bought it, or how much you spent - what matters is that you saw it and thought of her. Anything that you pick out, I promise, she will love. Though try not to go too cheap; you don’t want to buy her something that is going to turn her skin green.

3. You can never go wrong with a day of pampering.

It's 2017, and women are out accomplishing more than ever. We are students, full-time employees, mothers, housewives - we are the modern day Superwomen. Unfortunately, this doesn't leave much time for us to take care of ourselves. Spas often offer amazing packages that include facials, massages, manicures - all that girly stuff that makes us feel amazing. Don’t get me wrong, this can be expensive. Check Groupon for spa deals in your area.

4. Yoga pants, fuzzy socks, & chocolate.

Yes, it is just that simple.

5. Make-up.

Yes, I know all girls do not wear makeup, but Ulta and Sephora have a little something for everyone (guys, they have some great gift sets during the holidays). For those girlfriends who do wear makeup, these are "no fail" stores. I know makeup can seem overwhelming - poke around her makeup bag and take some photos. The workers at both stores will have more than enough information from the photos to point you in the right direction and help you pick out the perfect gift!

Take this list into consideration and you're sure to pick out the perfect gift!