Top Five Favorite Vegan Meals

Top Five Favorite Vegan Meals

My top five favorite vegan meals and their recipes.

42
Top Five Favorite Vegan Meals
Gabriela Proce

Tofu and Soyrizo Breakfast Tacos

This is my all time favorite thing to make. When I first started making this, I ate it for breakfast every single day for two weeks (because it's fast, easy to make, and incredibly delicious.)

Serving size: Two tacos; for one person.

Cookware you will need:

• stove top
  • pan
  • spatula

Ingredients for one serving:

• half a block of tofu
  • about a three to four inch long piece of soyrizo
  • handful of chopped onions
  • handful of chopped peppers
  • salsa
  • Daiya shredded mozzarella cheese
  • vegan flour tortillas or corn tortillas
  • vegetable oil
  1. Pour vegetable oil in a pan on a stove top set to high
  2. Sauté the chopped onions and peppers
  3. Crumble up the soyrizo and add it to the onions and peppers in the pan
  4. While that simmers, chop the block of tofu into bite-sized pieces
  5. Add the chopped up tofu into the pan
  6. Let simmer until the tofu browns slightly
  7. Add Daiya shredded mozzarella cheese and let it melt
  8. Turn off the stove top and get your tortillas ready on a plate (if you like them warm, crisp them in a separate pan on the stove or microwave them for 15 seconds)
  9. Put half of the onion, pepper, soyrizo, tofu, and Daiya concoction on one tortilla, and the other half on another tortilla
  10. Top with more Daiya (if you want) and salsa

Sweet Chili Tofu Stir Fry

If you are a big fan of stir fry, then here is the perfect vegan recipe for you! I use all of my favorite vegetables; however, you can add in or replace anything I use with your favorite vegetables.

Serving: one giant wok full; for four people

Cookware you will need:

• stove top
  • wok or large pan (preferably wok; however, can be made with large pan)
  • spatula

Ingredients for one serving:

• block of tofu
  • couscous
  • sweet chili sauce
  • vegetable oil
  • one bag of broccoli
  • one bag of crinkle cut carrots
  • one sliced onion
  1. Boil the couscous in a pot according to the instructions on its label
  2. Heat a wok to 375 degrees
  3. Sauté carrots, broccoli, and sliced onion in vegetable oil in a wok or large pan
  4. Slice the block of tofu into bite-sized pieces
  5. Add the sliced tofu to the wok or large pan
  6. Drizzle sweet chili sauce all over the mixture in the wok or large pan
  7. After the tofu browns slightly, add the couscous
  8. Stir and add more sweet chili sauce to your liking

Peanut Butter Energy Balls

Serving: lots of balls; for many people

Cookware you will need:

• large bowl
  • cookie sheet(s)

Ingredients for one serving:

• lots of rolled oats
  • lots of peanut butter
  • dark chocolate chips
  • raisins (optional)
  • (other snacks of your choice)
  1. In a large bowl, mix one pound of rolled oats, half of a large jar of peanut butter, and a half-pound of dark chocolate chips or raisins
  2. Use your hands to create balls out of the mixture and place them on a cookie sheet

Gabby’s (Real Cheap and Easy) Tacos

Let’s be real: college students are on a budget. This is a recipe every vegan college student needs to have under their belt, especially because all the ingredients are super cheap to buy, with the added benefit that it takes less than five minutes to make—perfect for lazy vegans.

Serving: 4 tacos; for two people

Cookware you will need:

• can opener
  • microwave
  • stove top and pan (optional)

Ingredients for one serving:

• one can of vegan refried beans
  • one minute-brand brown rice microwavable cup
  • handful of spicy guacamole
  • Daiya shredded mozzarella cheese
  1. Use a can opener to open a can of vegan refried beans and microwave them for one minute and thirty seconds, stir, then one more minute
  2. Microwave a cup of minute-brand rice for one minute
  3. Heat tortillas for fifteen seconds in the microwave or on the stove top in a pan (whatever your preference is)
  4. Lay out four tortillas, two to a plate
  5. Add the vegan refried beans, rice, guacamole, and Daiya shredded mozzarella cheese to the tortillas

Alfredo Spaghetti Squash and Zucchini “Meatballs”

Serving: 2 meals; for 2 people

Cookware you will need:

• pan
  • stove top
  • oven
  • cookie sheet
  • fork
  • knife
  • food processor
  • potato peeler

Ingredients for one serving:

• one spaghetti squash
  • olive oil
  • vegetable oil
  • chopped garlic (optional)
  • one jar of Victoria alfredo (flavor of your choosing)
  • 1 large zucchini, or 2 medium-sized zucchinis
  • 1 “egg” worth of Egg Replacer
  • italian seasoning
  • 1 cup of vegan italian breadcrumbs
  • vegan parmesan cheese

Zucchini “Meatballs”:

1. Take off the skin of the zucchini with a potato peeler
  2. Use a food processor to shread the zucchini into noodle sized pieces
  3. Put all the zucchini pieces on a thick towel and dry them
  4. Add 1 “egg” worth of egg replacer, 1 cup of vegan italian breadcrumbs, vegan parmesan cheese and italian seasoning (to taste)
  5. Use your hands to create 1x1x1 inch balls
  6. Fry the zucchini “meatballs” in vegetable oil in a pan on a stove top until lightly brown
  7. (optional) To make crispier, put in the oven set to 450 degrees for three to five minutes, or until desired crispiness is met

Spaghetti Squash:

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  2. Microwave the whole spaghetti squash for three to five minutes to soften
  3. Cut the spaghetti squash in half long-ways
  4. Coat the insides lightly with olive oil and chopped garlic
  5. Lightly coat a cookie sheet with olive oil
  6. Put the spaghetti squash inside-down, curved-side up on the cookie sheet over the light coating of olive oil
  7. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes
  8. Once baked, take a fork, flip the spaghetti squash halves over, and use the fork to scrape the inside of the spaghetti squash (creating the spaghetti)
  9. Mix in your desired amount of Victoria alfredo and top with zucchini “meatballs”