Favorite Albums of 2018

My Favorite Albums of 2018

There's been plenty of great music this year. I just chose my favorite albums that have been released in 2018.

50
My Favorite Albums of 2018
https://pixabay.com/en/piano-music-score-music-sheet-1655558/

I absolutely love music, and I always like looking back and seeing my favorite albums from the year.

1. Youngblood- 5 Seconds of Summer

5SOS is one of my favorite bands, so when they revealed they were releasing their newest album in June of this year, I died a little. Their last album, "Sounds Good Feels Good," was released in October of 2015, so I was very ready for new music from them. And I wasn't disappointed. The sound and vibe of this album is definitely different from their previous ones, but I love it regardless. I think it just shows that artists grow and change throughout the years. Also, with this album, 5SOS made it on Billboard's Top 100, where their song "Youngblood" is still on there, despite being released nearly six months ago.

2. Living Proof- State Champs

State Champs is another one of my favorite bands, and they didn't disappoint with their new album this year. With hits like "Frozen," "Dead and Gone," and "Mine is Gold," State Champs gave us a golden pop punk album this summer. These are the songs that you belt out in the car, and that you dance to in your living room.

3. Bloom- Troye Sivan

Troye Sivan just always has an aesthetically pleasing voice. His music can always calm me down, while also making me want to jump up and dance at the same time. With songs like "Bloom," "My My My," and his duet with Ariana Grande, "Dance to This," Troye provided us with multiple hit songs on this album.

4. Entertainment- Waterparks

Waterparks released this album at the end of January of this year, but I found myself listening to songs from it throughout the entire year. "Not Warrior" and "Rare" were probably my most played from this album, but I love every song off of the album. These songs are just so fun, and not to mention they were pretty great live at the last Warped Tour this year.

5. Pray for the Wicked- Panic! At the Disco

Brendon Urie's voice has always been one of my favorite's, but with this new album, Panic! At The Disco has made me fall in love with their music and his voice even more than before. Every time "High Hopes" comes on shuffle or on the radio, I absolutely can't skip it. And then there's songs like "Dying in LA" and "King of the Clouds" that will always be favorites of mine.

6. Shawn Mendes- Shawn Mendes

This album was a change in sound for Shawn, and I love every minute of it. He's grown so much with his music, and this album shows it. "In My Blood" is one of my favorites, it's just so vulnerable and real, and so is his collaboration with Khalid on the song "Youth". This vulnerability and truth aspect is what I really respect about Shawn and this album.

7. No More Time- Damian McGinty

I had to include this EP in this list because Damian has been one of my favorite singers for about 10 years. I fell in love with his voice when he was in the group Celtic Thunder, so hearing that he was releasing an EP this year was a big thing for me. These songs have a nice country vibe, and with the addition of his voice, they're just so enjoyable to listen to.

8. A Star is Born Soundtrack

This was one of my favorite films of the year, so it's no surprise that the soundtrack was one of my favorite albums. The emotion in the songs and the voices of Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper make this soundtrack as beautiful as it is. Songs like "I'll Never Love Again," "Always Remember Us This Way" and "Is That Alright?" stick out as some of my favorites. Not to mention that their hit song "Shallow" was nominated for four Grammy Awards.

9. Bohemian Rhapsody Soundtrack

This was another one of my favorite films, and even though the hit songs by Queen obviously didn't come out this year, this soundtrack compiled all of the hits into one album for the film. This soundtrack brings together the hits, while also throwing in the Live Aid performances and the live shows, which are some of my favorites to listen to.

10. The Greatest Showman: Reimagined

Even though "The Greatest Showman" didn't come out this year, they released a reimagined soundtrack, where popular artists sing the songs from the album. I didn't know how I would feel about it, but I actually really liked it.

They included some of my favorite artists like Panic! At the Disco, Pentatonix, Kelly Clarkson, and MAX. Hearing them and other popular artists cover some of my favorite songs made me remember all over again why I love this film and its music.

These are just a few of my favorite albums, despite there being many great albums and songs released this year. Hopefully 2019 can provide us with just as much great music.