Top 5 TV Sitcoms Of The 2000s

Top 5 TV Sitcoms Of The 2000s

Many people like to watch television, but which sitcoms of the 2000s were the most popular?

215
Top 5 TV Sitcoms Of The 2000s
Travelers Today website

Some people are still trying to decide what's good on television nowadays. I don't blame them because with the variety of reality shows, game shows, dramas and mysteries that are appearing on the television now. Today, we're going to be listing the top five sitcoms that have appeared on our TV screens over the past few years. These shows have been on the air for more than one season and have included a wide cast of characters that we all know and love.

5. Modern Family

Modern Family is a documentary-type of sitcom that shows the lives of a very extended family as they live out each day to the fullest. It mostly shows how each member of the family goes through the various struggles of the average American. With each part of the show focusing on the three couples and their offspring, Modern Family seems to show a far-reaching perspective of very different people from all ages, sexes, and orientations.

4. Scrubs

Having its television debut in 2001, this show follows the lives of employees at a local hospital. The title is a play on the term meaning a low-ranking person because at the beginning of the series, most of the main characters are showcased as medical interns. Most of the show involves the daydreams of the male lead character as he goes through the struggles of becoming a doctor at a hospital. With a bunch of slapstick comedy gags, the legacy lives on for nine seasons before ending in 2010.

3. The Office

Based on Ricky Gervais' BBC show, the Office is another documentary style comedy show that showcases the employees of Dunder Mifflin Paper Company branch in Pennsylvania. Many of the comedy comes from the randomness of the most common TV tropes, but it sure has kept people entertained for eight years. It gave the style of a documentary by using a single film camera without a laugh track, similar to how Modern Family is filmed. The critics have truly praised this show over the years and it has received numerous awards as well to make it on the list.

2. The Big Bang Theory

Here is one of the shows that shows that there's nothing wrong with being a nerd. With the show focusing around the lives of five nerds, they try to learn how to handle the normal situations of their everyday lives. From dating to attending parties, the program gives a representation of geeks everywhere and gives a humorous way to portray that even the nerdiest of the nerds can live out a normal life.

1. How I Met Your Mother

This show started out as an underlying sitcom, but eventually, it began to grow into a phenomenon as it hit prime time television every week. With many of the familiar TV troupes being shown off, it eventually grew into one of the most popular shows in America. Even though viewers don't really find out how the main character meets the mother until the very end of the show, it really does show off a cast of characters that every viewer can relate to. I have watched this show from beginning to end on Netflix and it still remains to be one of my personal favorites.

Television has really changed over the past decade as a variety of shows have been released and re-released for viewers across the nation. Creators really try their best to provide new shows for people to relate to so they can kick back, relax, and have a good laugh or two while they are watching a good television program. I know that there are many other good programs out there that didn't make it on my top five list, but that doesn't mean that those programs aren't worthy of being watched.