The Top 5 Music Festivals Of Summer 2017

Tis the season.

12
Chicago Tribune

Whether you're at a music festival with a group of friends, family, or twitter followers, it's always bound to be an amazing experience (unless you're at Fyre Festival). However, one vital component to truly enjoy a music festival is the lineup.

From indie folk to hip-hop, Music Festivals are for everybody under the sun, and here is my personal opinion on the best lineups in 2017

5. Austin City Limits

Austin City Limits is usually limited to Texas natives, and a few who would like to travel to Texas. Austin City Limits is in Zilker Park, a 12 minute drive away from beautiful University of Texas at Austin. The lineup consists of various well-known rappers (Jay Z, Chance the Rapper, A$AP Ferg, D.R.A.M.) and a healthy mix of rock and indie (The Killers, The Head and the Heart, and Gorillaz). Even if you don't enjoy the lineup, there's bounds more in the city to explore.

4. Bonnaroo

"The Farm" is the location referenced to when talking about Bonnaroo. Only an hour away from University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, many college students from there and afar will come to experience the atmosphere of the barn. With performers such as Travis Scott, Lorde, and Red Hot Chili Peppers, it's bound to be a fantastic time at "The Farm".

3. Boston Calling

Boston Calling is on this list because of both the scenery and the lineup. Even though it is one of the lesser known music festivals, Boston Calling's lineup still packs a punch. Mumford & Sons and Cage the Elephant headline the rock and roll aspect of the festival, while Chance the Rapper follows right behind with the hip hop aspect. This lineup is meant for more of those "indie-rocker" type people. Meanwhile, you can also explore the beautiful campus of Harvard University and the city of Boston, Massachusetts.

2. Coachella

Coachella, the pinnacle of all music festivals, where can be sure to encounter familiar faces such as Kylie Jenner and Drake. Set in sunny SoCal, Coachella is one of the most scenic festivals out there. However, the only downside is that the closest major campus is University of California at Los Angeles, which is still a hefty two and a half hours away. However, a packed lineup with Travis Scott, Lady Gaga, Kendrick Lamar, and various others may make the $400 for a general admission ticket worth it.

1. Hangout Festival

Hangout Festival, in my opinion, is the single best music festival. With Mumford and Sons at the helm of the ship, Frank Ocean, Chance the Rapper, and MGMT all make this festival worth coming to. With scenery right next to the ocean, it serves as a much better backdrop then just palm trees and sunshine. Also, only a few hours away from a popular spring break spot, Panama City Beach, it serves as an alternative to the party-crazed town.