Top 5 Bruno Mars And Weeknd Songs

Fine, I'll come back. This is entirely for you Mandi.

Instead of doing a Top Ten list for both of these extremly talented artists. I decided to rope them together to rank them. They are more alike than they are different. Both are a breath from the past that this current generation desperately needs. I chose to frame it this way, Bruno is the Prince of this Generation and The Weeknd is the Michael Jackson of this generation. Both go hand in hand. So, let's rank 'em.

TOP 5 The Weeknd Songs.

5. Earned it

This deserved better than Fifty Shades of Grey. It is an Oscar contender and I felt obligated to place it here because of that.

4. The Hills

At first listen, I hated this song. Then something funny happened, it grew on me. I finally understood that The Weeknd was going for an angsty and douchebag look at the world and offer up a critique on it. Much like my number 3 pick.

3. Low Life Featuring Future.

Yeah, this is technically a Future song, but the Weeknd steals it. I don't have a problem with entering the inner dialogue of a low life. There is something so honest about this song that makes it both disturbing and thought-provoking. It makes you feel like you are surrounded by cockroaches when listening to it. That is art.

2. Can't Feel my Face

Both number two and number one are about to cocaine. So, I think it is safe to assume that when The Weeknd sings about cocaine, he is untouchable. This is also him at his most Michael Jackson. It's also a solid dance tune.

1. Star Boy Featuring Daft Punk

Surprise! There should be one true law in music. Daft Punk can do no wrong.

Top 5 Bruno Mars Songs.

Thank God, he stopped doing trash like he did in the early 2010's. We now have the Bruno Mars we have always deserved.

5. Gorilla

Even though, Science has ruined this song effectively. I am a suker for neon slime. You can't find a song covered in more neon slime than this one. I love it.

4. Locked Out Of Heaven

This is the exact opposite of Gorilla in that it's not dirty and slimy. It's a celebration and the truest and most down to earth love song he has ever written. Plus this is the strongest his voice has ever been.

3. Treasure

This song is an absolute treasure. This was when I knew for sure that Bruno Mars was something special.

2. 24k Magic

With how shitty 2016 was, America needed this song. It flashback to a better time. I love this song far more than words can say. It's exactly what music needs to be. Fun and funky. Speaking of funk.

1. Uptown Funk Featuring Mark Ronson.

This is when I knew for sure, Bruno Mars is the new king of Pop. Justin Timberlake gave up the crown when he started music for dads and became lame. Uptown Funk is the best song since the 80's and I have zero problem making that statement.