Top 3 Things About Austin

Top 3 Things About Austin

What I love.

16
Top 3 Things About Austin

I've had a lot of difficulties adapting to Austin, Texas which in no means does it mean it's not an amazing place. To me though, I don't see it as home. That being said, there are things I love about Austin. These are the top three things I absolutely love about Austin.

1. Nom, nom, nom

I've found that while I haven't been able to find authentic Chinese food or the Mexican food I'm used to... all of the other cuisines in Austin have proven to be delicious. Of course, the best is barbecue. Besides that though, I've discovered the best Indian food I've ever had before, here in Austin. The cuisine here is full of surprises. The only downside is that amount I spend on food.

2. The Lake

I love the ocean and since moving I've discovered that the ocean is just too far to travel to on a regular basis. Because of that, I've made the lake my ocean. It's the closest thing I'll get and it's not too shabby. I actually love it. I go and sit on the side of the lake and watch people pass by. It's relaxing and a beautiful place whether or not you're on the lake or on the side of it.

3. The Pupadoodles

It would not be a complete day if I did not see a dog in Austin. I swear, Austin is the most dog-friendly place I have ever been to. There are dogs everywhere you go. It's a dog city. Plus they're all extremely well-behaved which means it's petting time for them! It's heaven.