I recently (finally) discovered the wonderful world of Instagram Extensions. Now I use them all the time because they’re fun and I feel hip! Here are my top three favorite extensions.

1. Layout. Layout is great because you can take a few pictures from the cool event you just got back from or the nature walk you went on and smush them together into a single photo. That way, you don’t have to bombard your followers’ feeds with a thousand pictures all from the same day. Here’s one I made from a recent trip to Cleveland!

2. Prisma. Prisma is a ton of fun because the application takes whatever photo you’ve given it and reinterprets it in a specific art style. For example, it can make your selfie look like pop art, your picture of the forest look like a piece by Van Gogh, or your beach photos look like a Caribbean-style painting. Here’s one that I made yesterday!

Feat. Pearl t-shirt (from Steven Universe)

3. Boomerang. Boomerang is neat because it takes a quick series of photos and creates a gif that moves forward and backward. So, if you took a picture of a firework going off, you would see the sparks expanding and retracting. I got the app shortly after the 4th of July, so I missed that cool opportunity, but I did create this by photographing my lava lamp!

All of these Extensions are (obviously) pretty cool, and you can use them to make yourself feel super artsy. I can’t wait to see what they come up with next!