The Top 15 Taylor Swift Songs

The Top 15 Taylor Swift Songs

There have been several abums and dozens of songs, but which one are Taylor Swift's very best?
102

Taylor Swift is undeniably one of the biggest artists of her generation. She has dominated the country, pop and overall Billboard charts that has been highlighted by over 200 awards including 10 Grammys, 11 Country Music Association Awards, 19 American Music Awards, 22 Billboard Music Awards and twice being named Billboard Woman of the Year. She's also the first and only female artist to win Grammy Album of the Year twice.

Her influence and celebrity power is undeniable. While being named to the TIME 100 Influential list is an impressive featuring in itself, she has also achieved the rare feat of gracing the famed news magazine's cover. With an over $200 million net worth, Swift has dominated the social media arena with nearly 75 million followers to date on Instagram, making her the most followed person on the social media outlet. She has dozens of incredible songs to her credit, but today we are counting down the Top 15 Taylor Swift Songs.

15. "Sparks Fly"

Kicking off our list is "Sparks Fly" from the album "Speak Now." It cracked the Top 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 and topped the Billboard Hot Country Songs list in 2011. The song is the perfect blend of country and pop, the two genres Swift has ruled the last several years. Swift proves no one combines the two genres better, and the result is a magical experience for listeners. The strong vocals of this platinum hit are wonderfully packaged and a glimpse of the breathtaking songwriting abilities of the one and only Taylor Swift.

14. "Tim McGraw"

Long before she dominated the pop charts, Taylor Swift was the princess of country music. How do you write a song that is quintessential country? If you're Taylor Swift, you conceive a song in your high school freshman math class and title it after one of the living legends of country music. "Tim McGraw" is effortless in its harmony of modern and classical country and the lyrics combined with Swift's innate ability to express a range and depth of feeling leave its listeners falling in love with it over and over again, even if it's been 10 years since it was released.

13. "Wildest Dreams"

Taylor Swift is really something out of our "wildest dreams." The same could be said for the song "Wildest Dreams" released as a single in 2015 from the "1989" album. It was a favorite on the charts and topped the Billboard Mainstream Top 40, and the song's dreamlike quality while also adhering to the pop genre is a first for Swift. The genre is dream pop and the genre has never sounded better as Taylor delivers on every note. For nearly four minutes we're in a magnificent dream that even its stunning music video has a hard time keeping up.

12. "22"

Few pop songs are more fun to jam out to than the carefree and upbeat song "22." Released in 2013 on the "Red" album, the song is unapologetically pop, while still utilizing a twangy guitar, which has been a signature in many of Swift's songs. Taylor's mastery over the pop genre is fully showcased in this song with its well-crafted lyrics and music that builds to an unforgettable chorus. Twenty-two is certainly not a milestone birthday, but Taylor has managed to make it one as many now jam out to the song upon turning 22.

11. "Red"

It isn't just artists who paint that use colors. Artists like Taylor Swift are doing it, too. Taylor Swift uses colors like red, blue, and dark gray to produce a masterpiece of a song. "Red" from the album of the same name is an explosion of metaphoric colors, unforgettable lyrics and an explosion of passion and raw emotion that only someone has talented as Taylor Swift can put together. It's exhilarating country, but also one that breaks your heart as you feel the pain emoted with such vulnerability by Swift.

10. "Shake It Off"

"1989" allowed Taylor Swift to explore a variety of pop genres including dance-pop and funk, both covered in Taylor Swift's megahit "Shake It Off." It's a a perfect marriage of genres that's addictively catchy lyrics and beat had listeners hooked from the moment it was released. The song debuted No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and went eight-times platinum. The song also garnered the 5'10" songstress three Grammy nominations, including Record of the Year and Song of the Year. The music video was also a hit and boasts over 1 billion views on YouTube. It's playful, fun and everything a pop hit should be.

9. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"

Long titles are hard to pull off. But Taylor Swift was up for the challenge with "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and succeeded. Along with topping the Billboard Hot 100, it received a Grammy nomination for Record of the Year and appeared on many "Song of the Year" lists including second on Rolling Stone's list and fourth on TIME Magazine's list. There's no denying the musical greatness of this quintuple platinum hit from the "Red" album. It's witty, personal and a song that leaves listeners hitting the replay button over and over again.

8. "Mean"

"Mean" is much more than a country song with bluegrass undertones. It's an anthem for anyone who has dealt with a mean person in their life. Hailing from "Speak Now," "Mean" was a massive hit with listeners and critics alike. It went triple platinum and earned Swift two Grammy Awards for Best Country Song and Best Country Solo Performance. In addition, Rolling Stone named it No. 24 on its list of Top 100 Country Songs of All Time. The hints of bluegrass and its strong message make it one of the most unique songs Taylor has ever recorded.

7. "Our Song"

Not many songs written for a high school talent show go on to become chart-topping hits, but that's exactly what happened to "Our Song." Swift wrote the song her freshman year for the high school talent show. She eventually used it for her first album, "Taylor Swift," and it went on to top the Billboard Hot Country Songs list. The country pop hit also went quadruple platinum. "Our Song" gives us a glimpse to the precocious talents Taylor Swift graced at such a young age. Her ability to tell a compelling narrative and weave in together beautifully into a country song is something far beyond the tender years of a high school freshman. It was definitely a sign of the many great things to come from Swift.

6. "Mine"

"Mine" not only went triple platinum, but it debuted No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2010 making Swift the first female singer since Mariah Carey 15 years prior, and just the second in history, to debut multiple tracks in the Top 5 of the Billboard Hot 100 in the same calendar year. "Mine" is about a crush Taylor Swift had which is told beautifully with heartfelt and honest lyrics and a sweet country pop melody.

5. "Blank Space"

Our Top 5 begins with "Blank Space," the second track from Taylor's most recent album "1989." Released in 2014, the song was undeniably one of the finest in pop and from the Billboard charts that year. It seamlessly combines electropop with catchy lyrics poking fun at her reputation for having lots of boyfriends, or as Swift puts it, "Long list of ex-lovers." This pop masterpiece was accompanied by a sensation music video. The music video is Swift's most viewed on YouTube with well over 1 billion views and boasts two MTV Music Video Awards and a Primetime Emmy. The song itself was both a critical and commercial smash hit. It topped the Billboard Hot 100 and was nominated for three Grammys, including Song of the Year and Record of the Year. And to think of the many songs she has written in her career, this took her the shortest amount of time to complete.

4. "I Knew You Were Trouble"

This quintuple platinum song from "Red" isn't just the perfect song for Victoria's Secret angels to march to, but its a must for anyone's playlist. It's edgy and unlike anything Swift has given us before. It's electropop meets pop rock, and if that wasn't enough, the song infuses a little bit of dubstep as well. The lyrics are fantastic, and it's clear that if Taylor Swift is going to dabble with new things with her music, the end product is almost certainly going to be something stellar and unbelievable.

3. "Back To December"

"Back To December" treats us to nearly five minutes of Swift-induced bliss. The country pop song from "Speak Now" cannot merely be dubbed another breakup song. It's powerful and emotional with its lyrics and a testament to the vocal talents Taylor Swift possesses. It's a song that is deeply personal, leaving any listener feeling the melancholy and singing along. It's a breathtaking piece of work and some of the best Swift has given us.

2. "You Belong With Me"

Great storytelling, a nice country pop beat, and expressive vocals make for a great song. And "You Belong With Me" does just that. From the "Fearless" album, Swift went seven-times platinum with the song and earned three Grammy nominations including Song of the Year and Record of the Year. The subject matter could come across as juvenile, but Swift with her maturity, vocal gifts and amazing songwriting ability is able to put together a song that takes out breath away. It's impeccable in every way, making it a surefire classic.

1. "Love Story"

The best song from the 2010 Grammy Album of the Year "Fearless" is also the top song on our list. The song topped another list when it hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs list. The eight-times platinum hit utilizes the classic Shakespearean tale of "Romeo and Juliet," serving as inspiration for the country pop love tale and in doing so, Taylor writes the best narrative of her songwriting career. The song casts an enchanting, fairytale spell on its listeners, highlighted by strong vocals from Swift. The lyrics are cleverly put together as it provides lyrics that are easy to remember and fun to sing along to. It's Taylor Swift at her very best.