Top 13 Quotes For The Struggling College Girl

You've got this, girl
68

1. “Drink some coffee and pretend you know what you’re doing.”

When you need that slight kick in the rear to get you going, there’s nothing like caffeine to do the trick. Also, don’t forget that “fake it ‘til you make it” is a totally acceptable plan of action as long as you intend to actually not be faking at some point.

2. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got.” –R. Brault

When you find yourself struggling with letting go of something that happened to you but you never really got closure, or the person who did it never really apologized, you have to learn to accept that they don’t see their error, and they might never. You have to be strong enough to channel your inner Elsa and let it go because there’s no point in being miserable for the rest of your life.

3. “Whatever sprinkles your donuts.”

For when the only thing you can say in response to someone’s actions is, “WHY?!”

4. “You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go of those who keep weighing you down.” –Eric Thomas

For when you find yourself mixed up with people or things with which you really don’t want to be involved, and you need help letting go and encouragement that everything is going to be okay.

5. “Maybe I don’t know but maybe that’s okay.” –Jon Bellion

People tend to ask college students a lot of questions including, but not limited to, “What’s your major?” “What are you going to do with that?” “What’s your 5-year plan?” “What’s your 10-year plan?” It can get incredibly overwhelming, and I think we often forget that we don’t have to know the answer right now. A lot of times, our 1-year plans don’t work out, so how are we even supposed to have any clue about a 10-year? It’s okay to not know every single thing about the future. However, this sadly does not apply to course material. That’s kind of necessary.

6. “It’s okay. You forgot who you are. Welcome back.”

Sometimes, we get so caught up in the craziness that is college that we forget who we are. We get so stressed and absorbed with making connections that we don’t stop to think about if anything we are doing is actually what we want to do. Sometimes, you’ve just gotta take a step back, take a couple breaths, find out where you are, and figure out how to get to where you want to be. Easy-peasy.

7. "If you were able to believe in Santa for like 9 years (or more), you can believe in yourself for like 5 minutes.”

The doubt is REAL. All the time. Constantly. It’s so hard to believe in yourself when everything seems to just keep pushing you down and piling up. There’s nothing like fond Christmas memories and hearing Will Ferrell scream, “SANTA!!!” to get you back on track.

8. “Life is short. Laundry is eternal.”

Laundry never really seems worth doing. In order to do laundry, you must also be creating more. It’s an endless cycle, and it’s awful. I like to use this time to do homework or take a break and relax with my headphones in and a solid TV show on. Remember to enjoy your laundry breaks. Eventually, you’ll have to do actual stuff while your laundry is doin’ its little thang.

9. “Be messy and complicated and afraid and show up anyways.” –Glennon Doyle Melton

MESSY. Everything is messy and everything is complicated. As much as I try to keep my room clean, life gets complicated and suddenly it’s a disaster that I just really don’t want to deal with. But you can bet that when I show up (to most places), I at least try to make it seem like I have my life together and like there isn’t a single dust bunny anywhere in my living quarters. Lol.

10. “I have to be successful because I like expensive things.”

Sometimes, a girl just needs a little bit of being materialistic to get her back on track. I won’t lie. I like expensive things, but who doesn’t? Expensive things make you feel like you’ve got yourself together because you can afford them. If your goal in life is to be able to shop without worrying about price tags, so be it. As long as you work for it, go buy that $2,000 bag. You earned it.

11. “I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.” –Edna Mode

Another past thing. Edna is honestly the coolest thing ever because not only is she a brilliant character with some killer lines (see above), but she is also just a killer character in general. She is a force to be reckoned with and basically everything I aspire to be. Except I can’t design clothes. But she is POWERFUL and COMMANDING, even with her tiny frame. She exudes confidence. Own it.

12. “A well-read woman is a dangerous creature.” –Lisa Kleypas

I’ve always loved to read, and sometimes those people come up in my life that act like loving reading is a bad thing. I let those people go. I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life. Books help to expand horizons and show adventures that people could only dream of. What kind of person hates on that? Not me.

13. "Oh, the places you’ll go."–Dr. Seuss

Remember when you heard this book a gazillion times and kept thinking “ENOUGH ALREADY!”? Oops. Too bad. I’m bringing it back. When you get so overwhelmed that you can’t seem to think straight and all you want is to sleep but you can’t because your mind is racing… calm down, and remember that everything will work out in the end and you are going to kill this whole college-thing and be that super successful woman that your little self dreamed of being.

Now go forth and rock this world.

Check out the original inspo:

Quotes

Blog

Tumblr