Top 11 Rappers Making Waves In Sneaker Culture

Music fans and sneaker heads unite...

1303
Hypebeast.com

Rappers don't usually like to think of themselves as just a musician, but they like to consider themselves as an artist. Their creativity spans to just about all aspects of their life and can be shown in their lifestyle, fashion, and behavior. For these 11 rappers, they even brought their creativity to sneakers, and they're changing the game.

11. 2 Chainz

2 Chainz' deal with Adidas resulted in the beautiful high-top shoes pictured above. The "2 Good to be T.R.U." were launched last year in support of his album, Based on a T.R.U. Story 2 and sold out quite quickly. The shoes released for $130, and although this has been the only shoe 2 Chainz has released to the public, we'll have to see if he puts any new Adidas products out in the future.

10. Tyga

Focusing more on fashion than his music it seems like lately, Tyga has propelled himself into the world of sneakers. Including starting his own fashion line "Last Kings" a few years ago, Tyga made his first splashes in sneakers in 2013 with a deal with Reebok. His "T-Rawws" came in multiple colors including blue and red. His second installment came last year when he linked a collection with L.A. Gear. The runner shown above offers an interesting appearance that can appeal to just about anyone.

9. A$AP Ferg

Harlem rapper A$AP Ferg is making his sneaker debut next month! The Hood Pope has teamed up with adidas Orginals for his own sneaker and skateboard collection that will drop December 5th. The low-top shoe (featured above) will come in white and black with different A$AP markings written on them. There's no retail price yet on the shoe but watch out for the release next month.

8. Wiz Khalifa

Wiz Khalifa has made a career off his sneaker endorsements. Using Converse's classic "Chuck Taylor" sneaker to inspire his Taylor Gang group, Wiz' sneaker influence increased when he inked a deal with Converse back in 2013. Khalifa has released his own collab with Converse since, and is still available today. The collection has been his only collaboration so far, but we'll have to see where Wiz goes with Converse.

7. Big Sean

Big Sean is another artist signed to Adidas Originals. The Detroit rapper has released 3 shoes since he signed with Adidas, and they're pictured above. The red "Detroit Player" was a tough shoe to cop. It was only released to stores in his hometown of Detroit at select retailers. His "All Black" and "Metro Attitude" that followed were also exclusive. Although these shoes came out years ago, Big Sean and Adidas have both been teasing a new collaboration on Twitter lately. I wonder what they're up to...

6. Pusha T

G.O.O.D. Music artist Pusha T released his first sneaker around Christmas last year called the "Adidas EQT Running Guidance '93 'King Push'." The Adidas collaboration retailed at $200 and became very hard to get. Like Big Sean, the Adidas Originals Twitter account has been teasing a new Pusha T collab, so we'll have to see what King Push has on deck.

5. Meek Mill

The Dreamchaser himself Meek Mill has been an emerging sneaker influencer over the last year. Meek signed with Puma and has been rapping it ever since. And if you see Meek at a concert, there's a probable chance he'll be decked out in Puma gear. His collaboration with the slowly growing brand is pictured above. Meek is a Puma "brand ambassador" and has only released one collab with Puma since his signing, but I'm sure it won't be his last.

4. Rihanna

Hanging onto Meek Mill's coattails, Rihanna is also helping Puma expand as a brand. Not only is Rihanna debuting her own sneaker with the company, an entire fashion line is also coming. Rih inked her deal with Puma a few months back and her highly-anticipated clothing line is continuing to roll out. The line, like anything Rihanna does, is very exclusive and is hard to cop. Us sneaker heads will have to wait patiently on our laptops for a restock of her "Creeper" sneakers.

3. Pharrell Williams

Pharrell is almost the originator of the rapper/designer crossover. When he signed to Adidas last year, he changed the sneaker game. Pharrell, being one of the most creative people in music brought his ideas to the world of fashion and dropped his own Superstar line with multiple colors of low-style shoes, like the ones shown above. Pharrell's shoe collection is accompanied by a fashion line consisting of jackets and other apparel. Pharrell is one of the steadiest collaborators with Adidas and is always dropping new color ways of his shoes. Look for a new Pharrell collab as a new fashion season starts.

2. Drake

Jumpman, jumpman, jumpman them boys up to something...Drake is looked at as one of the biggest superstars today. From his music to his fashion, to his latest dance moves in the Hotline Bling video. But what he's making waves in now lately is the shoe game. Drake's recent collab with Jordan has produced the beautiful 4 shoes above. These shoes are RIDICULOUSLY hard to get your hands on because of how big and exclusive Drake is. The shoes have been sold exclusively at OVO Pop Ups at random times and are on the top of the list for every sneakerhead. The hype surrounding the shoe and the impact the October's Very Own brand has nowadays makes Drizzy one of the most important people in sneaker culture.

1. Kanye West

It's a no brainer that Kanye is the biggest rapper to influence sneakers. When Kanye made the switch from Nike to Adidas earlier this year, we knew that fire sneakers were coming. Kanye's "Red Octobers" are still one of the rarest sneakers known to date, and even Kanye's newest sneakers with adidas are becoming hard to fine. The "Adidas Yeezy Boosts" are arguably the hottest sneaker in the game right now and are extremely rare to find. The 750, which is a gray, high-top shoe was the first from West. The 350 which is a low-style runner in gray and black has since followed along with the 950 which almost looks like a winter boot. These shoes, the 350s, in particular, have been the hottest sneaker of the year and are still coming. According to West, and adidas, two new colors of the 350 are coming out on November 14th, in all white and tan. Kanye's back at it again, and he's sweeping the sneaker game by force.