Top 11 Must See Musicals

Top 11 Must See Musicals

The most entertaining shows to see right now!

15
Top 11 Must See Musicals
The Atlantic

If you’re anything like me, and grew up listening to musicals, there’s few things you like more than heading into New York City to see the magic of a Broadway Show live. Each one gives you a different feeling, but keep you coming back to The Great White Way. Here are the top 11 musicals that you should definitely consider making a trip to see.

11) The Phantom Of The Opera

A classic that i’m sure everyone has at least heard of. Even if it’s not one of my favorite’s it doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s the longest running show on broadway, premiering in 1986. Everyone always talks about the incredible scenery, and chilling songs.

10) Aladdin

It’s a classic Disney Tale, and an amazing stage adaptation. You won’t be able to keep from dancing and singing along in your seat as you watch Genie break free, or Aladdin take Jasmine to A Whole New World on his magic carpet. All ages will enjoy it!

9) The Lion King

A classic Disney Tale, like Aladdin.You’ll laugh, cry, and you’ll be saying Hapuna Matata every chance you get by the end of Act 1. Seeing Simba’s story come to life is truly a magic experience.

8) Fiddler On The Roof

A story of family values, traditions, and growing up. Follow Tevye’s journey as three of his five daughter’s prepare to marry, but not according to the plans he has always expected. It really make’s you question how much family really means to you, and if it’s right to challenge traditions that have been around as long as you’ve lived. It’ll tear at your heart strings and you see this family struggle through this hectic time of their lives.

7) Kinky Boots

Drag Queens, really cool boots, and a great story all in Kinky Boots. You won’t be able to get the catchy songs out of your head for weeks. Although their is adult themes, so i wouldn’t recommend for children under 12 years old.

6) Something Rotten!

It’s the Inception of musicals, being that it’s a musical, about a musical. The first ever musical to be exact. This hilarious show makes references to other shows all the time, and will have you crying of laughter with their kooky, but real characters. A great show for the whole family!

5) On Your Feet! The Story of Emilio and Gloria Estefan

It says it in the title, the story of Emilio and Gloria Estefan. An entire life story coming to life on stage. Gloria’s climb to the top of the music industry is inspiring, and if you aren;t a fan of Gloria before you, you’ll leave being a fan for sure. And the entire audience will be on THEIR feet by the end! I even had the privilege of talking to the cast over the summer, and they're all amazing people as well as performers. It's even worth it to see them at the stage door!

4) School Of Rock

If you ever wanted to see kids rock out like theres no tomorrow, this is the show for you! See how a substitute teacher creates a band out of a bunch of misfit school kids. you’ll be sure to recognize some songs, and the whole family can enjoy the show! Rock On!

3) Waitress

A heartfelt tale of a waitress just trying to make her dreams come true. The music is incredible, the story is heartfelt, and you’ll never forget sugar, butter, or flour ever again. Although the show has some adult themes it’s something that anyone over 10 years old will enjoy.

2) Wicked

There’s nothing about this show that isn’t spectacular. The set’s are mind blowing, the music is outstanding, and the entire experience of wicked is unforgettable. Once you see this show you’ll have a new outlook on friendship, and you’ll learn the true story off the wicked witch, Elphaba, and the good witch Glinda, who you know from the Wizard of Oz. In this musical you’ll see everything that happened before Dorothy dropped in, and that the wicked witch, really wasn’t so wicked.

1) Hamilton

I mean…who doesn’t want to see Hamilton. I don’t even think I need to explain this one much so ill just say four words. Founding Fathers and rap. This show won basically every Tony, and it’s still impossible to get tickets, so if you manage to get tickets, please take it.