Top 10 Reasons You Should Be Drinking Wine

Everyone who knows me knows that I love wine. Red wine, pink wine, white wine, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Chardonnay, Rose, Cabernet Sauvignon, it's all so amazing. Now I'm no wine expert, though I hope to be someday, but I am quickly becoming a wine snob and I want to share my love for wine with everyone. Even though National Wine Day, May 25th, has come and gone, there are still a lot of reasons why everyone should be drinking wine.

1. Enhances the flavors of food

I think one reason why I find wine so interesting and almost magical is the fact that it makes everything taste better. Different wines pair well with different foods and enhance the flavors. My favorite includes wine and cheese. Gouda cheese and Merlot are absolutely amazing and will make your taste buds go wild. Also, salmon and Pinot Noir pair well together. The list can go on and on.

2. Helps with sleep

I used to have a hard time sleeping at night and would end up laying awake for hours. I noticed that when I had a glass of wine before bed, it would make me sleepy, and I would fall asleep faster. If you need help sleeping and don't want to take a sleeping pill, then try drinking a small glass of wine. Not only does it taste good, but it will help you get more sleep and allow you to be less cranky in the morning.

3. Health Benefits

If you drink wine in moderation it can have several health benefits. According to foodandwine.com, wine can help reduce the risk of heart attacks and heart disease. It also promotes longevity. Wine drinkers have a 34 percent lower mortality rate than beer and spirits drinkers. It also slows brain decline and keeps the brain sharp. Still not convinced? Well, it also can improve your appearance and help you age better. The antioxidants in wine can help make your skin look healthy and reduce wrinkles. With all these benefits, there's no reason not to be drinking wine.

4. Affordable

A bottle of wine is fairly affordable. You can get it for under $20. Sometimes even $10. Even though it's cheap, it is still also tasty.

5. Can Substitute for fruit

Wine can be considered a fruit, right? Wine is made from fermented grapes. It has to count for at least some of the recommended daily servings of fruit.

6. Makes people look/feel fancy

There's no denying that having a glass of wine in hand makes everyone automatically look fancy. Add in the sniff, swirl, and sip, and you're on your way to looking like a real wine connoisseur.

7. Wine Wednesday

Although every day is a good day for wine, Wednesday is a really good excuse to have wine. They don't call it Wine Wednesday for nothing.

8. Makes a bad day better

Did you get a parking ticket? Didn't get the job you applied for? Failed your midterm? Whatever has caused you to have a horrible day can easily be fixed with a glass of wine or two or three. Heck, just drink the whole bottle. Don't worry, no one's judging you.

9. Treat yourself

Whether it's been a long day or you just need some "me time," wine is a great way to unwind and relax. Drink it while laying on the couch or drink it in the bathtub. It doesn't really matter where you are. Just drink it and relax.

10. It's a creative juice

Wine helps fuel great ideas. If you're having writer's block, drink a glass of wine, it will get your mind flowing.