10 Reasons Why I Haven't Dropped Out Of College Yet

We've all thought about it at one time or another...admit it.

133
watchdog

So, let me set this up for you...

It's the middle of the semester. Your professors are all having tests during the same week, you have a paper to write that you haven't began yet, and your mom is texting you asking why she hasn't seen you in forever. All at once. And the best part is YOU DON'T WANT TO DO ANY OF IT. With that being said, as a fellow college student, here are some reasons why you (and I) shouldn't drop out.

1. You've already put this much work into it. Why quit now?

You've literally worked all semester to get to this point. All of the time that you spent studying, doing homework, stressing about tests/quizzes, going to class is for nothing if you quit. Literally nothing. In a few weeks you'll be able to rest your brain and have a few more classes under your belt. Just hang on...

2. Being a stripper, relying on your parents, or any other "good job" you can come up with won't be as good as your "dream job."

I mean, do I really need to continue with this statement. Do you really want your bff for life to be a pole or your pet cat?

3. Drop out now and those student loans/scholarships are about to eat your bank account alive.

So, you've borrowed $10,987.65

With interest that'll be $985,964,847,683.01

Currently you have $4.22

Now, I'm not a math major, but it's looking like you're going to be in the negative for a very, very long time. So, if dropping out still sounds like a great idea, let me know how it goes.

4. "Momma didn't raise no quitter." No, but really your mom will kill you.

What are your family, friends, etc. going to say about this? Is it worth the endless lectures? No Netflix. Lectures. With no benefit other than making you feel like crap. Just tough it out. You've got this!

5. You have an opportunity of a lifetime. Don't throw it away because life got the best of you for one week.

Young adults all around the world would LOVE to be in your shoes. Don't throw away an opportunity of a lifetime. You don't have to do anything, you get to.

6. Life isn't as bad as you think it is.

Are you motivated yet? Right, you're motivated to eat. Now, imagine your dream job. Find the same motivation for that as you have for eating that pizza right now. And while you're at it, go get a pizza.

7. Take that breath. Eat that ice cream. Watch that Netflix. Get refreshed and do your best!

Food? Yes. Nap? In progress....

8. No...but really...what are you going to do if you quit now? What job are you going to strive for?

We went from good food and cute animals to deep stuff. Don't stand still in life. Move forward. If college is that "forward" for you...walk.move.go.

9. You'll let yourself down long term.

10. You took the time to read this article, so now, take a breath and a nap, wake up and finish it. (you know you're going to anyway)