Top 10 Reasons Not To Go To Bryant University

If you don't want a perfect campus and the best 4 years of your life, then don't come here.

924
Bryant Archway

1. You don’t want to be a part of a community.

As soon as you walk onto the campus, you are instantly part of a community. Even if you are just there for a tour, you can feel how welcome you are. Everyone is friendly and wants to see you succeed. There is also absolutely no way that you won’t see at least three people you know while walking to class.

2. You don’t want a job after graduation.

Bryant University is a known name in the business world, and this is evident through the job placement rate. Six months after graduation, between 97 and 99 percent of graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school. Of those employed, the average starting salary is $55,000. Now that’s what I call a return on your investment. 3. You don’t want to be involved.

With over 100 clubs and organizations on campus, it’s really hard to not be involved. There is everything from academic clubs, club sports, greek life, and anything else you can think of. They also have this fun rule: If you want to start your own club, do it! With the Office of Campus Engagement, they can help you start your club within a couple of months.

4. You hate small classes.

Every single one of Bryant’s classes, even the required core ones, are capped at 35 students. This gives students the chance to really get to know their professor, and their classmates. By the end of the first month, every professor knows their students names, no matter where you sit in the class. Sitting in a huge lecture hall with 300+ students is not an option here.

5. You hate watching division 1 sports for free.

Bryant has 20 varsity sports that compete at the division 1 level. There is always a sporting event going on, and the best part about them, is that students get in completely free - even to the football games. There are also multiple club sports that compete often, and if you want to play a sport, they have over 30 intramural sports to try.

6. You don’t want the cutest mascot ever.

Our name is the Bryant University Bulldogs, and we have the cutest mascot in the game. Our bulldog, Tupper, always brings smiles to student’s faces. He attends every sporting event, big events on campus, and even welcomes new students during orientation. You can sometimes find him in his sweater vest and tie for formal events. Don’t forget to take a picture with him whenever you can, because then you’ll have the cutest Instagram.

7. You don't want to be learning in top-ranked programs.

Our College of Business has nationally recognized programs, and they are ranked really high. We have a No. 3 ranking in marketing, international business, and accounting. Our management program is ranked No. 5, while entrepreneurial studies sits at No. 6. If you’re looking to be in applied mathematics, well why not learn in the No. 8 program. Finance/financial management is No. 11, and human resource management is No. 12. I feel pretty confident that I am getting a good education here, and so does everyone else.

8. You don't want a chance to see the world.

About 50 percent of Bryant Students study abroad, and there are many different countries you can choose from including: Italy, Costa Rica, Greece, Belgium, Morocco, Austria, Peru, Cambodia, and many, many more. We also have something that other schools don’t have, and it’s called the Sophomore International Experience. For two weeks during your sophomore year, you have the opportunity to travel to a variety of different countries, while learning about different aspects of the places you visit. Some of the most popular trips for this program are; Germany and Spain, London and Paris, Argentina and Chile, and Malaysia and Singapore. No matter where you go, you are bound to have the experience of a lifetime.

9. You don't want to be taught by professors

At Bryant, our classes are taught by only professors, 100 percent of the time. You will never ever have a class that is taught by a teaching assistant, in fact, there is no such thing as a teaching assistant here. You know that all the knowledge you are gaining here is from your professor, and you always know you can go to their office hours and find them there, not a teaching assistant

10. You don't want to gain business and liberal arts skills

Bryant has one rule; if you major in business, you must take a liberal arts minor, and if you major in liberal arts, you must take a business minor. No, this isn’t to make us take more classes, this is actually giving us skills we need in our job. This is what pushes Bryant students above others, because gaining skills from two different fields of study is something that not many other schools have.