Top 10 Ideas we hope Disney Does In The Near future.

Can tomorrow be just a dream away?

269
Zachary Morrissey

This week starts the summer of Disney. The best way to kick it off is to discuss ten ideas that Disney should do in the near future either with movies and the parks. So let's start the Summer of Disney.

10. Bring back the Disney Sunday Movie — This one was a classic of former CEO Michael Eisner. He would always lead up the movie that was airing. Sometimes he’d even be joined by Disney characters. Maybe running it during the summer months or around the holidays would be good. It will be an opportunity to show many hardcore Disney fans films they may have not seen or heard of.

9. More "Star Wars" Character Meet and Greets — Since the buying of Lucasfilms, "Star Wars" characters are now more present in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. With five movies slated to come out over the next five years, let's have some of those characters meet the park guests. Kylo Ren already meets at H.S. What about meeting Finn and Rey from The Force Awakens? Who wouldn’t have fun telling Finn we need to go back to Jaku or seeing how Rey is influencing young women to shoot for the best they can be.

8. More live action remakes of classic Disney movies — Seeing how well "Cinderella" did and most recently the "Jungle Book," Live action remakes sound like a good idea. In production right now are "The Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and the Beast." A good movie that would be prefect for live action is "The Hunchback of Notre Dame." Don’t get too dark with the movie, but give it sort of an edge. The cinematography for this movie would be amazing. Excellent shot of Norte Dame along with the use of natural lighting and it would be a classic.

7. Add more countries to Epcot — Epcot does have room in its world showcase for more than seven additional countries. Not all the spaces need to be filled, but maybe build two or three more pavilions. Another country from Africa would be nice as we could learn of their culture and the food. Australia is a popular country during Epcot’s annual Food and Wine festival. With that pavilion you could make a ride showing the different regions of Australia. Of course have a nice restaurant show casing the fine cuisine of the land. The last one could Brazil. The South American crowd has been increasing over the years to the park. Also there is no South America represented in Epcot so Brazil can be the first.

6. Buying out the "X-men" Franchise from Fox — This one maybe a bit tricky as Fox is doing wonders with "X-men." If Disney should get them we can expect to see them added to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Also that would mean Deadpool added which would be awesome. Yes. Deadpool would have to be toned down for audiences, but still Disney would have Deadpool and that’s a win.

5. Adding rides from other Disney parks — During the Happiest Celebration on Earth in 2005, Walt Disney World added rides from around the world. From Disneyland Paris was Lights, Motors, Action and from Disneyland was Soarin. There are many amazing rides overseas, one of which is the Tron Rollercoaster in Shanghai Disney. A YouTube video shows the ride footage and it looks awesome!

4. Make a channel on TV that airs older cartoons and TV shows — Cartoon Network has Boomerang for the old cartoons. Disney could do the same. They can air the old cartoons from when Disney first started and add on cartoons that the latest generation has seen it would be prefect for any Disney lover.

3. Throw back Thursday Characters in the parks — How cool would it be to have charters that no longer are seen in the parks meet once in a while. Once a week get one or two rare characters and have them meet at Epcot character meet and greet it would be cool. Who wouldn’t want to meet Darkwing Duck or Hewy, Dewy, and Louie?

2. Add more Marvels to the parks — This is the hardest one to happen as Universal still holds the rights to display the Marvel characters in the parks. It would be cool to have meet and greets with the Avengers, Dance with Starlord to awesome playlist volume 1, or have a Marvel night in the parks. With the contract Universal has stating no characters like Marvel allowed in a 60 mile radius we're going to have to wait and see what Disney does.

1. Make a movie that depicts a Lesbian Princess — I can already hear people complaining about this. Look, it’s the 21st century and we need to cut it out with this homophobia. I know of the "Give Elsa A Girlfriend" movement, but I feel Frozen should just stay as is. One of the next Princesses Disney does should be lesbian, and if not, then her parents should be gay or lesbian. This can lead to her overcoming homophobia aimed at her, and showing the world she’s just like everyone else.