To My Sister

To My Sister

You are my friend first, but my sister forever.

13
To My Sister

Sissy,

This one was easy to write because I can think of a million and one things that come to mind when I think about you. However, I don't always know the right thing to say. So I'll simply start with a thank you.

Thank you for being my built-in and forever best friend.

I know you don't have to, but you choose me. You would go to the store in the middle of the night for my favorite ice cream just because I'm sad. You listen to my rants, hold me when I cry, and always know what to say.

Thank you for spending our lazy days together.

You are always up to watching a romantic, chick-flick or one of the many reality tv shows we can't miss every week.

Thank you for never leaving me.

I'm sure before you could drive, you wanted to jump out of the car while I was behind the wheel. But you never did, and that's made all the difference. And thank you, especially for rolling the windows down and screaming our favorite songs to the tops of our lungs.

Thank you for endless advice.

Whether it's what kind of coffee I should get, an outfit, boys, or dates. You always come in with a better idea than I could've thought of myself. It takes a special person to put up with me and you never fail to tell me that I probably wouldn't wear that shirt or I don't really need those shoes right now.

Thank you for taking endless pictures with me.

Even when we both have no makeup on and we're not feeling it, you always lean in for a Snapchat or a picture. And when the picture is good, but not good enough, you'll always take another one.

Thank you for not giving up on me.

So many times I wanted to give up on me, but you believed in me. You get me through everything. I am so thankful that when I am down, you are my up.

Thank you for endless memories.

Every moment and adventure we have together, turns into something that I keep close to my heart. A million inside jokes and things no one will get but us is how I am reminded of you.

Thank you for accepting me.

There's no else in this world I would rather share a family, a home, and this life.

You've changed me for the better. You've made me stronger, more independent, and you teach me something new every day. I'm so thankful for you and what you've given me in life. I am so proud to call you my friend, but more importantly, my sister. I can't wait to keep growing up with you beside me. It doesn't matter if I'm 100 miles away or if you're in the bedroom upstairs or next to me, I'll always be here for you.

Thank you for being the best sister I could have ever asked for.