To My Family

To My Family

I truly appreciate you more than you could ever know.

8
To My Family
Alison Hebert

This article is to the people in my life who have been there for me literally since day 1. The ones who will never ever stop believing in me, and who will support any and all of my endeavors. This one goes to my family.

Mom, Dad, Big Brother, I don't think I can ever fully appreciate all that you've ever done for me. You've been there for me when I was an overemotional child, for every dance recital and sports game, every bad grade and every spelling bee, every graduation and every fear I've tried to overcome, every single success and failure.

Mom, thank you for keeping me sane and happy no matter what. Thank you for always keeping the house stocked with my favorite snacks for whenever I come home. Thank you for insisting I bring more to school with me than I think I need, since you're always right about it. Thank you for always being my cheerleader, by being at every game and always bringing snacks for everyone on the team. Thank you for gossiping with me about everyone and everything. Thank you for always making sure I'm okay, even if I do brush it off sometimes. Thank you for making dinner almost every night, and for chauffeuring me around the most before I got my license. Thank you for watching the shows that I like to watch with me, whether it's one of the many crime shows, Survivor, some sappy lifetime movie, or whatever professional (Boston) sports team is in this season. Thank you for being my biggest role model, and for always staying up until I get home at night.

Dad, thank you for giving me the courage to always push myself and do the best I can. Thank you for being there to document all of the major events of my life through your photography. Thank you for all of the lectures about putting myself out there and making sure that I know I can do anything and everything I put my mind to (even if I seem unresponsive to it at the moment). Thank you for giving me the strength to be myself, and the loving embraces I only hope I can fully return. Thank you for being the comedic relief, and for showing me through your hard work for your new degree that great things do not fall into your lap, but if you work hard enough for it, your dreams can be achieved. Thank you for being hard on me when I need that extra push to excel.

Big Brother, thank you for giving me the ability to fend for myself. Thank you for showing me what wrong and right was; what is truly fair and what is unjust. Thank you for being my first playmate, my first best friend, my first antagonist, my first protector. Thank you for being the older child, so I could learn what did and didn't fly with Mom and Dad. Thank you for letting me walk around the house with your backpack on when I was too young to go to school (I was really excited about attending kindergarten). Thank you for being the person to show me that dogs are really not scary, especially since now I believe dogs are the best things ever. Thank you for telling me that if I need anything while I'm away at college, to let you know. Thanks for coming home on holidays and some weekends so I get to actually see you. Thank you so much for everything you have taught me so far, and thanks in advance for all that you do for me in the future.

You guys mean more than the world to me, and nothing can ever change that. You are the people in my life that I probably don't say thank you enough to. I want to tell you how much I appreciate all you guys have done for me, and will continue to do for me. I love you guys, and I hope I give back to you half of what you've given to me.