To My Best Friend's Ex

To My Best Friend's Ex

If you truly loved her, you would let her go

36
To My Best Friend's Ex
WordPress.com

"Unrequited love or one-sided love is love that is not openly reciprocated or understood as such by the beloved."

Letting go is hard. Everyone knows that. Letting go of something you care about sucks, but letting go of love is the absolute worst. It is gut-wrenching. As humans, we desire to love an be be loved by another. It is stitched in our flesh and flows through our blood. Letting go is hard, but when you truly love someone you find a way; if not for yourself, for her.

You have not seen her the way I have. When you send her a quick text to be friendly, it rips her apart because she does not know what that means. Some days you show her all your affection and can make her feel like she is the most important person on the face of the planet. On Sunday, your world revolved around her and today you walked past her without a second glance.

She is hurting and I wish you were more considerate with your actions. I wish you second guessed yourself before telling her you love her after the last break up you two had. Being alone is not fun but it is better than being in the wrong relationship (which is something I strive to remind her every day).

The worst aspect of the situation is that she will not stop saying she loves you. She will put up with all the crap you throw at her because she "will love you until death." The one thing she does not understand is that is not love. That is a little thing called "unrequited love" which is completely one-sided. It is not a healthy form of affection but a kind of worship of a partner. It is not a fairy-tale love like Beauty and her Beast but Belle and Gaston, with Gaston fighting for her kisses. It is the kind of love that needs to be let go of.

She will never let go of you unless you make the first step forward. So this is me asking you, please do it for her, for what the two of you once shared, for the sake of true love. Letting go is hard, but it will be much easier for her to do without your playful snapchats. Let her be happy and someday you will find ultimate happiness too.

All the best,

Your Ex's Best Friend