I Can't Stand Tomi Lahren But She Shouldn't Be Suspended From Her Show

Hard right? Hard left? Or somewhere in between?
30

Tomi Lahren has become conservative's favorite talk show host and the face of the new wave millennial Republicans. Of course with fame, there also comes critics. Tomi Laren's show on The Blaze has become highly criticized due to her extreme conservative beliefs and often rude comments against millennials and liberals. However recently, Tomi Lahren has come under fire from conservatives and the producers of her show after making pro-choice comments while was a guest on The View. Since the footage has been released, Tomi Lahren has been suspended from the production of her show.

Last Friday, Tomi Lahren appeared as a guest on The View where she made comments regarding her pro-choice views saying "I am a constitutional, y’know, someone that loves the Constitution. I’m someone that’s for limited government. So I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think the government should decide what women do with their bodies. I can sit here and say that as a Republican and I can say, you know what, I’m for limited government, so stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well. ” These comments were shocking not only to the hosts but also the national audience, as Lahren has been a huge critic towards the pro-life movement and modern day feminism. Lahren argues that because she supports limited government intervention that she would feel hypocritical supporting government involvement and regulation of women's reproductive choices. On Monday, Glenn Beck of The Blaze suspended Lahren indefinitely from her "Tomi." Currently, her employment with the program remains uncertain.

Personally, I disagree with almost everything that comes out of Tomi Lahren's mouth and I'd trust a compulsive liar before anything written or commented on The Blaze. However, Tomi Lahren's pro-choice comments raise the issue on the fluidity of politics. Today, politics is much like high school in which you pick a team and vote for whoever is their captain, regardless of their opinions or policies they'd like to implement. However, many people do not completely with every opinion or policy suggested by their political party. There are Republicans that are for the legalization of marijuana as there are Democrats that are pro-life. So how do we compensate for dissenting opinions within political parties when we live in a society that only focuses on hard left or hard right? While it is not an easy question to answer, I believe that the first step is to allow the voicing of opinions of moderates and individuals who are critical of their political parties. This is why I believe that although I cringe every time a Tomi Lahren video pops up on my Facebook feed, The Blaze should not suspend her from her own show. After all, if you give someone a talk show then you should allow them to speak.