Today Is A Day To Be Happy

Today Is A Day To Be Happy

Every day is a new day, so enjoy it!

95

"Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer." Romans 12:12

I know that this winter has been really tough with my seasonal affective disorder. Winter always is difficult, but this year has just been extraordinarily gloomy.

Last night, my boyfriend told me something that really struck me.

"Today is a day to be happy," he said.

He's right.

Today is a day that you will never get back. It is a blessing from God that you get to live another day. With that, I encourage you to choose happiness. Choose joy. It is a conscious decision.

Life is so much better when you're smiling!

It can be extremely difficult to get up some mornings knowing that it's only 20°s out and overcast. Seriously though, we should be joyful each and every morning, to wake up to a new beginning. We can make today whatever we want it to be. I think we just sometimes need a reminder of what a gift today is.

So look at it this way. If you wake up to a freezing and dreary day, take a little extra care of yourself.

Go get that Starbucks latte or hot chocolate on your way to class. Wear a cute sweater, bundle up, and top it off with your favorite beanie. Text a friend and ask them if they want to get lunch with you or to come over later to have a movie night.

Just because the weather may be less than ideal, doesn't mean your day has to be.

Embrace every day you are given. I promise if you switch your mindset to a more positive and grateful one, your days will be better.

I am guilty of a negative mindset when it comes to being busy with school and work when it is freezing outside. However, I'm committing to waking up and choosing happiness. I hope you do too.