Why Toby Damon From 'This Is Us' Is The Perfect Hubby

Take a couple notes from him.

133
NBC Universal

For those of you that are as obsessed with the NBC TV Show "This Is Us" just as I am, you know a little something about Toby Damon. He's the heartthrob that most wouldn't see coming. Recently (SPOILER ALERT FOR SEASON 2), Toby and Kate decided to tie the knot and finally become man and wife. It wasn't easy for them to get to this point, as is the case in most real-life relationships. They went through some heartache, a near-death scare for Toby, and some emotional issues between the two of them both individually and together. Through all of this, they always ended up right back with each other, staring into each other's eyes and saying the three simple words that make all of the pain and worry go away…"I love you."

During this dramatic season finale, Toby's parents are brought into the picture for the first time in the show only to bring up how concerned they are for Toby regarding his future wife. They walk into his room only hours before the wedding, sit him on the bed, and start going.

They describe Kate as unstable. He has to "tip-toe around her just to keep from setting her off" and is "constantly bending over backwards to calm her." She as "issues you cannot fix." Keep in mind, Kate struggles with her weight, depression and anxiety, and as well as the loss of her Dad from about 15 years back.

My first thought to this? "That's me. They are describing me."

Without anyone even having to tell me, I know I'm unstable. I know that I struggle on a daily basis to keep a smile on my face and when I'm not able to do so, I feel nothing but defeated. But then I meant my own version of Toby Damon who does nothing but make me feel absolutely perfect in his eyes despite my insecurities and "damage."

We all have flaws. We all have baggage. But when someone loves you, looking past all of that isn't some chore for them, they do it with ease and without the blink of an eye.

Toby's response to this resembles this idea perfectly.

"If anyone's unstable, I'm unstable. I am unstably in love…"

If that doesn't show what your relationship should be, I don't know what does. Take a couple notes from Toby Damon. He knows how to pull just the right heart strings with just a few simple words.