To The Guy That Is Going To Marry My Best Friend

To you,

I’ve been thinking about who you would be ever since I was young girl growing up watching all the romantic comedies where guys like you come and sweep the girl off her feet. People tell me that you will love with me all of your heart and that the day that I meet you would be the day that I would know exactly who you are and that you are going to change my life.

To whoever you are I hope that you have a special place in your heart for grilled cheese sandwiches and for goldfish. When I think of you, I imagine a guy who still laughs like a child and is a child at heart. I imagine a guy that will always open the door for me and who understands my fear of lakes and water parks. I imagine a guy that would dance with me in the kitchen at two in the morning or someone who read the morning paper with me while we drink coffee.

To whoever you are I hope that you know that I will love you unconditionally and that I will always see the good in you. You will never be judged for something that you did in your past because we have all made mistakes. I hope that you know that I might mess up but we all make mistakes. I also hope that you know that I can’t parallel park to save my life and that I would want to adopt every dog that I see at the shelter.

To whoever you are I hope that our marriage is everything that I have always dreamt of. I hope that you share my passion of traveling with me. I hope that you enjoy singing to songs on the top of your lungs and dancing like no one is watching. I hope that in our marriage you want to grow old together and for our love to grow stronger every day. I hope that one day our kids will look at us and know how madly in love with each other.

To whoever you are, I know that God has a plan for when I am supposed to meet you and know exactly why he put you in my life.