To Those Who Have Hurt Me

To Those Who Have Hurt Me

You hurt someone who would've NEVER hurt you.

28
To Those Who Have Hurt Me
Shawnna Grace

To the people who have hurt me,

At one point in my life, you were a person who meant the world to me, in any way, shape or form, whether it was being in a relationship, friendship, or even family member. I’ve either cried over you, or spent a few days wondering what exactly went wrong.

Though some of you may not care or wonder about me time to time I just want to let you know that I have forgiven you for hurting me the ways any of you did. The day you hurt me wasn't easy. You had no consideration for me or my feelings. You stomped on them without a second glance back to see that they would never recover the same. I was mad at you then, but now I want you to know that you helped me to understand what I deserve.

You showed me that I can attempt to climb the mountain to then be met with repeated failures and curveballs. You taught me that I never have to put my happiness on the back burner to accommodate others happiness, and taught me to never settle for less than the love that I deserve.

To the ones who hurt me, I want to say thank you. Thank you for the lessons learned, taken, and utilized in my future. Without you in my life, I would not have understood what I was missing and what I was settling for. For that I could never hate you. You truly showed me the key to loving myself, the road was just a little more difficult than I imagined, but so worth the trip.

Whether we meet again, or forget one another and never speak again, all of you are people who meant something to me, and for that, I’m grateful. You’ve all taught me a lesson about myself.

Sincerely,

Someone you used to know