To those thinking about taking their life

Don't do it

111

Suicide, it is a subject that not many will talk about.

Hear me out as it is national suicide prevention month, I am writing to anyone that is thinking about taking their life.

I know that sometimes life gets hard. Some days it feels impossible to move forward, but even the word impossible says "i'm possible."

I get that sometimes it feels like no one is there, and no one cares. Trust me people do care, there's at least one person in your life that cares. If you are struggling you need to talk to somebody.

It is hard, life is hard. I know this. I am a suicide survivor myself.

Over time, all that pain heals. Over time you realize that you were given this life for a reason, so you need to live it. Life has all of it's up's and downs. Those down moments are what makes us who we are, and who we become.

Time heals all wounds, and things truly do get better. I can't promise it will all just go away, but I can promise you that as time passes you become stronger, and you can handle that pain a lot easier than if you just give up now.

About 1 million people commit suicide every year, world wide. That's about one suicide every 40 seconds, or 3,000 per day. At least 20 attempt to take their own life but are unsuccessful.

I know it seems like people don't care, or they "just don't understand." Trust me, there are a lot more people out there who do understand, and trust me people do care.

I can promise it gets better.

Don't stop playing the game just yet, keep on walking, and just have a day. It doesn't have to be a good day, just have a day. Always remember that sometimes the people that hurt us, are also hurting. Theres so much in life to live for. Go out there and find your purpose in this world, and fuck anyone who has told you or made you believe otherwise.

If you're about to take your own life, don't do it.

I am a stranger, and I am writing this from the bottom of my heart. I am a stranger, and I care, I am a stranger and I am rooting for you, telling you not to give up.

All my social media is attached to my odyssey profile, you reach out to me, I will talk to you. Suicide is not the answer!