To Those I've Left Behind

To Those I've Left Behind

Thank you for all of the memories.

20
To Those I've Left Behind

College has helped me to figure out who I truly am and to grow as a person. It has also helped me to realize there are certain people who will help your growth and there are others who will inhibit it. It was the right choice to move on and spend my time with people who help to make me a better person. To the people I don't spend my time with anymore, thank you.

Thank you for being in my life for some period of time. You were great friends to me until I realized that I deserved to be treated better. Until I realized that you hurt me more than you had ever helped me. Yes, you might have been some of my "best friends" for quite some time, but what gives the title "best friend"?

I believe that a best friend goes out of their way to see how your doing. A best friend knows when something is wrong and does something about even though help isn't always needed or wanted. A best friend is able to sit in silence with you for hours without any conversation. A best friend will drop what they're doing, even for a second, if you need their time and attention. Obviously you're still best friends if one of the above doesn't happen, but you know they still care about your happiness no matter what.

Although I've found people I can truly call best friends, I'd like to think you still care about me, but that isn't always the case. Our society today is filled with drama and girls always tend to talk about one another. Instead of me having to hear "Oh, I hate so and so.", I'd like to hear, "Oh, I hope they're doing well." Even though some of you do hate me, I hope you're doing well. I hope things are going your way and I hope some time in the future we can be genuine friends instead of acting like we like one another. Especially when mending was in the back of my mind, but it wasn't in yours. Life happens and that's definitely fine by me. You'll come to me when you're ready and maybe you won't, that's fine too.

Thank you for the fun while it lasted but I wasn't happy having all that fun with you. It wasn't like that at the time but now that I look back at it and hate to see how unhappy I was. I am happy now though and that's all that matter. Wherever you go in your futures, I hope you are all successful and go far. I'm sorry we had to chose different paths the way we did but I made a decision and it helped me. I had put all of you ahead of myself in our friendship because I felt like I was being a good friend but it didn't help me to reach my full potential This may sound selfish but it was time to put all of you behind me help myself and do my best to start reaching my full potential. It was time to put myself first for once in my life and it worked. You might have left me behind or I chose to leave you all behind but the time had come. Friendships come to an end and people drift apart all the time. It's a natural part of life and I'm content with the way that things played out.

Thank you to the current people who have stuck by my side and who have continued to make me happy without even trying to. To those who were apart of my past, thank you for the memories.