To The Teacher Who Impacted My Life

To The Teacher Who Impacted My Life

Those who had him would think the same.

968
To The Teacher Who Impacted My Life
Destiny Haunss

Dear Mr. Meyers

First off, as I am typing this letter to you, I realize that it is Times New Roman, 12-point font, and of course double spaced. Every time I go to type an essay or do a homework assignment, I hear your voice in my head yelling at us to make sure it is in the right format. I am writing this letter to you because I feel as it is the right time to tell you how much you have impacted my life. As I am halfway through with my first year of college and first year without seeing you every day, I have realized a lot that you have taught me.

You have made a HUGE impact on my life in so many ways and I really do not know how to thank you. When I first got my schedule for junior year and everyone saw that I had you as a teacher, not one person said anything bad about you. Usually there is that one kid who has to point out one little thing about a teacher but no one did. I was told that you were an amazing teacher, role model, and friend. Those people were absolutely right. I am so beyond grateful that I was able to have you as my English teacher for junior and senior year. You weren’t just an English teacher, you were a life changing English teacher and I am being completely honest. You spoke to your students as if they were your own children.

You spoke about making life changing decisions, telling us which path is the right one to go down. Not many teachers care about their students lives like you did. During the two years of having you as a teacher, I was going through a lot, and I appreciated everything you have done and told me to do. You were someone I could go to for anything that wasn’t my parents or a family member. During those years, I was going through some teenage stuff with depression and anxiety and with all of your inspirational speeches and sayings, I was able to get through it all day by day. I am really glad I had you as a teacher.

I am also grateful that I was one of the students you had during your last year of being in the classroom. I am sure many people have told you this but I have been wanting to say this for a while now. You deserve this position as assistant principal more than any other teacher I know. You are known as a role model and an inspiration to so many people. These freshman should feel grateful to have you as their administrator. You know how to discipline a kid in order for them to feel as if they truly understand how they messed up and that they chose the wrong path to go down that day. Not many administrators get to the point where they make sure the kid understands why he is being punished, and understand the other side of the situation.

I wake up every morning prepared because every day I need to show up for my life. You taught me that it is my life and I can control it however I want to and showing up for my life is my decision to make that opens paths into new opportunities and successes. I really hope I got down to the point I want to make which is saying thank you. Thank you for all you did for me in my last years of high school that have transferred over to my college career and the rest of my life. There really isn’t anyone else out there better than you, Meyers.

Sincerely,

All the students who had you as a mentor