To The Seniors Starting Their Last Semester

I promise you it will be worth it.

158
Sun Media Group

Through all of the exams, late nights, laughs with friends and so much more it's amazing to think that we're finally here. After the seemingly endless months of school we've gone through, it's hard to believe that we're standing face-to-face with our last semester.

Some days the idea of being finished with school seems scary, but on most days the thought is surprisingly relieving. Looking back I can see all of the times where school, was overwhelming and I wanted nothing more to be done with it and on my way to finding a job.

Similarly to high school, when approached with this final semester, the senioritis begins to kick in a bit. While obviously working full time after college will keep me more than busy, imagining a world without essays to type and exams to study for still seems quite foreign.

So with this last semester about to start I just wanted to leave some words of encouragement for my fellow soon to be graduates.

I know that right now, after 3+ years of school, the last thing you want to do is go through another whole semester. With a new semester just before us, it gives us the illusion that we are so close yet so far away. No matter how much you don't want to, please push yourself to get through this semester, we are so close now, far too close to even think about giving up.

Senior year of college is sadly not exactly like senior year of high school, there will be big papers to write, stressful deadlines to meet and much preparation for the years ahead to be done. While I know we would all love to take this semester to just relax, in reality, we need to do everything that we can to push through the work that needs to be done.

Work hard, study hard and find your focus in these last months of school. When things get difficult remember why you've come this far and how proud of yourself you know you'll be when you finish. This is the first step to whatever future you've always imagined for yourself. No matter what major you had, what job you hope to have and where you see yourself, right now we are all in the same boat. Support your fellow seniors this semester: help a friend study, spend time together and enjoy yourselves. While it is important to work hard taking time to relax, spend time with friends and enjoy the unique experience of being in college.

Even when you feel like you can't do it, know that you can. You've made it this far and I know that no matter who you are you can make it even further. So, take each day of your last semester of college as they come: celebrate the good, push through the tedious and overcome the bad.

At the end of the day, when we are able to walk out of graduation knowing that we made it, I promise that it will be worth it.