To The Professor That Changed Everything

Thank you for helping me realize my potential and my love for writing.

11

To the professor that changed everything for the better,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for believing in me and my writing. My first class at Tusculum was a general education English class. While I've always loved reading, I've never thought much about my writing and I came to Tusculum with the intentions of being an art major. After we turned in our first writing assignment, my professor wrote a note about how I should come pick up a change of major form from her office and seriously consider becoming a creative writing major. I thought about all of the writing that I would have to do to complete that major and immediately turned that idea down. That didn't stop her. Her persistence paid off when she convinced me to at least take her Beginners Creative Writing class later in the semester. Needless to say, I loved the class and ended up becoming a double major in creative writing and literature.

If it weren't for that professor, I would have never found my new love for writing. I probably wouldn't have found Odyssey or Odyssey wouldn't have found me, more like. I wouldn't have the amazing opportunity to be the Editor-in-Chief for Tusculum's Odyssey team. Writing for myself and writing for Odyssey has made such a positive impact on me that I don't know where I would be without it. Thinking back, I don't know how I survived without it. So, thank you. Thank you for making me who I am today. Whether you realize it or not, you've made all the difference in my time here at Tusculum and my life in general.

One last time, thank you to the professor that changed everything.