To The Person Who Has Lost A Parent

To The Person Who Has Lost A Parent

"When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure."

2793
To The Person Who Has Lost A Parent

This is for anyone who has dealt with the loss of a parent or grandparent. I recently lost both of my grandmothers in 2016 and it was honestly the hardest thing for me. Although it was hard for me, my parents took losing their mothers worse. Both of my parents have lost both of their parents and I know that there are other people out in the world that are in the same boat. So, these are poems that I found about losing our fellow loved ones that I thought someone might benefit from reading.

Don’t Cry For Me

By: Deborah Garcia Gaitan

Don’t cry for me.

I will be okay.

Heaven is my home now,

and this is where I’ll stay.

Don’t cry for me.

I’m where I belong.

I want you to be happy

and try to stay strong.

Don’t cry for me.

It was just my time,

but I will see you someday

on the other side.

I am not alone.

The angels are with me

to welcome me home.

Don’t cry for me,

for I have no fear.

All my pain is gone,

and Jesus took my tears.

Don't cry for me.

This is not the end.

I’ll be waiting here for you

when we meet again.

If Roses Grow in Heaven

By: Dolores M. Garcia

If roses grow in heaven,

Lord please pick a bunch for me,

Place them in her Mother’s arms

and tell them they’re from me.

Tell her I love her, and I miss her,

and when she turns to smile,

place a kiss on her cheek

and hold her for awhile.

Because remembering her is easy,

I do it every day,

but there’s an ache within my heart

that will never go away.

God Saw You Getting Tired

By: Unknown Author

God saw you getting tired

and a cure was not to be

so he put his arms around you

and whispered,

Come to me.

With tearful eyes we watch you

and saw you pass away

and although we loved you dearly

we could not make you stay.

A Golden heart stopped beating

hard working hands at rest.

God broke our hearts to prove us

he only takes the best.

Remember

By: Christina Rossetti

Remember me when I am gone away,

Gone far away into the silent land;

When you can no more hold me by the hand,

Nor I half turn to go, yet turning stay.

Remember me when no more day by day

You tell me of our future that you plann'd:

Only remember me; you understand

It will be late to counsel then or pray.

Yet if you should forget me for a while

And afterwards remember, do not grieve:

For if the darkness and corruption leave

A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,

Better by far you should forget and smile

Than that you should remember and be sad.

The lesson that I am gaining from these poems is that it is okay to let someone go. Death is something that is inevitable and is apart of life. Death is like a book, and each chapter is someone’s beginning and end. A person only gets one chapter, and how they choose to live this chapter is solely up to them. So, lets make it a goal to live our lives Tuck Everlasting style because you only get one life.