To The Person Who Is Continuously Spreading Negativity During This Time: Please Stop

It truly is making things worse.

6

We are all stuck in the same situation.

Staying home for weeks is not an ideal situation for anyone. However, having a negative mindset will just make matters worse. I understand we all have our own demons to fight, but why don't we spread more positivity? As I sit here, reading through social media posts and scrolling through text messages, I can't help but be upset. You are saying that if we return to school in the fall, we will all fall sick and many of us will die. This is truly blowing things out of proportion.

No one knows what happens next.

Three months ago, no one would've believed us if we said a global pandemic was about to occur. Therefore, we cannot make assumptions about what life will be like three months from now. Negativity may affect someone more than you think. Being anxious is okay, and being optimistic about the future is also okay. When this whole mess began, I found myself reading through fake news and feeling my body become more and more stressed. However, after almost eight weeks, I've learned to not believe everything social media tells me. The constant reminders about everything going wrong doesn't help a single individual. None of us have ever experienced something like this, so all we can make are educated guesses.

Don't worry, there are brighter days ahead.

So, to whoever is reading this, I'm here for you. I'm here to say that things will get better. No one knows when and how but things will return back to normal. If you think you've been having a negative outlook, try making a list of things that make you happy. Dwelling on the negatives will not makes those negatives go away. It'll make them worse. Spreading anxiety will be much less impactful than spreading love and positivity. I dare you to do one kind act for someone else. It'll make everyone's day.