To The One Not At My Table On Christmas

To The One Not At My Table On Christmas

Missing you during the holidays

7
To The One Not At My Table On Christmas

As years go by after losing someone special, the holidays just don't feel the same. Traditions are no longer the same traditions. The sense of smell and taste isn't the same as it was when you were around. The tree doesn't stand the same, the lights don't shine as bright and the air doesn't feel as cold. I wish there was a way for you to be back, well for good, but for the holidays. Days aren't the same without you.

Dear Poppa,

Missing you more than you could imagine today. Holidays are not the same without you sitting next to me. You made the holidays filled with great food and many smiles. I hope your looking down at us and wishing you were here with us. Your traditions are nothing anymore without you directing how the day will go, what the food would be like and how the dessert was decorated. The house doesn't shine with lights as bright as you did, the tree is tilted to the side because your eyesight didn't make it straight. Your unwrapped gift sits under the tree as if you would be opening it. But you no longer will.

Merry Christmas in Heaven Poppa.

Losing someone special is hard enough, but it doesn't make it easier when you know that they won't be there for the holiday time. Holidays are a special time for families and without someone there it just doesn't make it whole. Times are never easy when the one you love isn't a part of it anymore.