To The Man Who Marries My Sister

To The Man Who Marries My Sister

Here are some things that you need to know...

108
To The Man Who Marries My Sister

Hello there, sir.

I don't know if we've met yet, but I'll take a leap of faith and say that it's nice to meet you.

If you've come so far as to have "the talk" with my dad, then I'd say that you know what you're getting into, and you take it seriously. I respect that.

Before you officially become part of our family, here are some things I need you to know.

We're a tight family. We care deeply for each other and rally when one of us gets hurt. We support each other, but we're also not afraid to be honest and tell the truth when it's needed. When you marry my sister, you will become a part of that for life. And we'll protect you and tell you the truth, too.

Now about my sister. She's brilliant. She loves a good challenge, and she loves learning new things. But she's also independent and can be headstrong. If you're the man for her, you'll see those as an asset instead of a drawback. There will be times, however, when you need to love her enough to put your foot down. So you need to be strong enough to support her dreams but also strong enough to protect her from herself when necessary.

She's vibrant and full of so much life. She lights up a room and uplifts those around her just by being herself. But she cares a lot about what you think of her and will try to be what she thinks you need her to be. As intelligent as she is, she's also sensitive. So you need to encourage her curiosity, support her learning, and protect that beautiful glow of joy.

My sister is kind. Her heart is big, and she feels very deeply. Caring for others and encouraging them is something that makes her special. She loves big. She sees when people are hurting and offers them comfort and care. So you need to guard her heart and protect her from people who would take advantage of or undervalue her.

I know her. If she likes you enough, she will sacrifice to make you happy. She's outward focused, and chances are that she knows exactly what you need, sometimes even before you do. If you let her, she will go without so that you can have your desires. She will give until she's empty, if only to make you happy. Don't let her. You need to take care of her, sacrifice for her, and remind her just how special she is. Treat her like the incredible woman she is.

She loves you a lot – truly. You'll make her happy, and I appreciate that.

All that being said, I will only say this once: break her heart, and you'll have me and the rest of her family to deal with.