To The Kids I Call My "Kids"

To The Kids I Call My "Kids"

For my beautiful niece and nephews

23
To The Kids I Call My "Kids"
Facebook

Dear little ones,

You truly are the lights of my life. Every smile, every piece of good news, I am thrilled to know you. To hear your accomplishments brings more joy into my life than you can know.

I want you to know that faults happen in life, and things seem hard most of the time. But I don’t want you to worry. You have people behind you that love and cherish you. There is never a need to be scared because you have us. Please know that.

You come from strong people, therefore you are strong. You are brilliant creatures and full of light.

There is nothing I want more than to see you three succeed and do well in life. I only want to see you all happy. Please always remember to be happy. Even when the darkest of skies come rolling in, and it seems like no light can come through, know that there is a rainbow behind those clouds just waiting to peak through.

Little ones, you are my life, my little calla lilies. Some of you may not understand what I’m saying yet, but one day you will. One day you will know the importance of coping with things that may seem impossible, you may already.

Just so you know something about me, I’ve struggled my whole life with trying to feel accepted into something that I thought was important, such as a group of friends or any other social group. But that’s not what life's about. Life’s about finding love and acceptance yes, but with people that understand you without having to push yourself into the group. It should feel natural, like you were always meant to be in the group. Never force yourself to do anything, ever. The only time you should push yourself to do anything is if it’s for a positive experience, like going to a new school, or going out for a new club, things like that. Things that would make you happy.

Always be happy my little ones. You are bright and beautiful human beings with God’s light upon you. Know that.

To Angelina, my beautiful baby girl. You are going to go so far. Never let anyone tell you, you are lesser than them because you’re a girl. You are going to be a remarkable woman one day, and your job is to show them that. And never hate your hair. It may be hard at times to deal with it, and you may even want to chop it all off sometimes too. But just know, that your hair is your grace, you can do with it what you want, always cherish it because it is apart of your uniqueness and it shows your heritage.

To my beautiful Cameron. Baby boy I remember holding you for the first time. You were the first life I ever held in my hands that filled me with such joy. Stay tough, even though you should cry when you need to. Be a good boy for mom and dad, they love you so much and work so hard for you, I see it every day.

To Jordan. I really don’t know how to say this without crying. When you came into our lives, we, our family had just lost a big one. God, I think, knew our family was breaking and sought fit for you to come early. I thank Him every time I think of you, how lucky we are to have you. The first time I saw you, my first memory of you, is your tiny fragile body in a clear box. You had wires all over you, and it scared me so much because for the first time I had something I wanted to hold but couldn’t. Jordan, I love you so, so much. Seeing you grow up so far has been the joy of my life. Knowing that you made it through all that you have has brightened my life in ways that I will never be able to explain.

Just know that I love you, I am always here as an ear or a shoulder. You make my life worth while little ones, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. You three mean the world and around to me. I write for you here so that you know that. This is no way a letter just for now, but for always; for you to look back on and know that I am always here for you.

Love always,

Aunty Maya