To The Girl Who Is Waiting For Her Prince Charming

Your time will come.

88
Carly Bandy

I think I can speak for most girls who are single and surrounded by couples when I say, it's not always easy. Sure, you're happy for your friends and support their relationships but at times it's hard because you see how happy they are and all the fun couple things they do, and naturally you long for that yourself. It gets frustrating when you call your friends and ask to hang out or try and make plans in the future but their response is, "oh I need to see if (insert bf name here) is busy or what he had planned." While this answer is annoying and frustrating, we all know that if we were the one in the relationship then we might have a similar mindset too.

It's hard watching all of your friends post pictures of their significant others. It's hard to see everyone around you getting engaged, getting married and starting their families when each night you go home to Netflix and your bed. It's hard when all of your friends have dates to everything or are taking trips, and you're the odd one out. Let's just be honest, it really, really sucks. It really sucks feeling alone and left out from the fun that your friends are having.

While it may suck to be single (at times, because let's be honest we all know there are perks), it's calming to know that your time will come. Your time to answer the phone and tell your friends that you can't hang out because you're with your boyfriend will come. Your time to go on dates to the fair, or a football game or to a nice dinner in the city will come. Your time to go on weekend getaways with your man will come. Your time to post cute, cliche pictures with cheesy captions will come. Your time to get engaged will come. Your time to walk down the aisle to the man of your dreams will come. Your time to start a family will come.

So why are we rushing it? Yes, we want that feeling of being loved and cared for by another but it's time we stopped looking at being single as a bad thing. It's time we stopped constantly questioning what's wrong with us because we don't have a man committed to us. It's time we quit settling for any kind of love and affection that comes our way just because we don't want to be single. It's time that we picked ourselves up while we're down and lived for ourselves each and every day. It's time that we get really selfish and be extremely picky while waiting for our time to come. It's our time to date casually as much as we want so that we can see what's out there. It's our time to be spontaneous and drop what we are doing and do whatever we want when we want. It's our time to be free and have fun with our friends. It's our time to be single and it's something we need to embrace.

Your time to give your love to someone will come.