To The Girl Who Has Gotten Hurt By A Boy

But here is what you need to know. A boy does not define you.

628
Leah Perrino

You like a guy and you know that he likes you too. You guys are talking for a while, and eventually he tells you that he doesn’t want a relationship at this point in time. He says that you are both too young right now. Okay, you understand where he is coming from, so you just hang out and talk as friends. But then you hear that he is dating another girl.

You don’t even have the right words to explain how hurt, rejected, and upset you feel right now. A million thoughts are racing through your mind. “Why am I not good enough?” or “What does she have that I don’t?”

But here is what you need to know. A boy does not define you. The girl he is dating shouldn’t make you feel unworthy. You are so still so worthy of love and kindness, even without a boy to make you feel that way. You know that you still have good character, compassion, and generosity to offer out to the world. That boy should not give you the right to reduce your self-worth. You are worth SO much more than any boy will ever realize.

You may not see it right now, because you are too full of hurt and pain, but you will become a stronger person, even though you are already so strong. You will learn, eventually, how to lean on your true friends in your time of need, because that is what they are here for. And you will become a bigger and better person for getting through this impossibly hard time

You are so young and have so much more to learn and discover, and I know you will do amazing things, because you are an amazing person! So remember how loved you are, that so many people care about you, and that eventually you will find a boy who truly will be good to you.