To The Girl Dating A Pledge

To The Girl Dating A Pledge

If he's the right guy, you can get through 8 weeks of sharing your boyfriend.

658
To The Girl Dating A Pledge
Haley Galewski

To the girl dating a fraternity pledge...

It should be an interesting semester for your relationship to say the least, but if anything it’s going to make it stronger. It’s probably not going to be easy, you are now sharing your boyfriend with 150+ other guys. But if your relationship is strong enough, you should be able to get through anything, especially eight weeks of sharing your boyfriend.

If he's a pledge to XYZ, well honey, count yourself in as well. You have to be there for him every step of the way. Even if that means lending out your car for pledge ride duties or to borrow your Costco card for pregame supplies. He’s going to need you to be his sense of reason through it all and help him figure out how to balance his life (let's face it boys don’t know how to balance anything). Honestly, at the end of this process, he is probably going to be better at doing laundry and scrubbing floors than you ever thought he could be.

He’s going to be exhausted 90 percent of the time. Sometimes all the time you are gonna get with him is a quick ice cream run at 2 a.m. on a Tuesday. But, sometimes you have to take what you can get without complaining because the last thing he wants to come home to is a girlfriend who is whining about what he was just doing.

You have to remember the reasons behind why you probably joined a sorority or a club; to make lifelong friendships and find a place you belonged. Well, that’s what he is doing too. You have to give him his chance to shine and his chance to make those friends that you already have. He has watched you grow in your life, and now it’s his turn. Contrary to popular belief, being in a fraternity is more than just getting blacked out every weekend. Making friends can be hard when you attend a big university, so this is his way of reaching out to other guys.

Remember that you will always be so important to him, even if at times you don’t feel like it. He’s now learning how to balance two great things in his life and it might take a little time for him to figure it out, but he didn’t forget about you. If you plan on staying together, which is usually the ultimate goal, life is going to throw way more shit your way. If you have any intentions of marrying that boy one day, you’ll get through it.