To The Girl Who Dates Him Next

To The Girl Who Dates Him After Me, Watch Out

I lived through this longer than I should have. Don't do the same thing.

11394

To anyone who eyed my ex while I was with him: He's yours. I've moved on from him, but I have several things to warn you about.

I lived a lie for almost two years. I thought I was in love, but I realized the whole thing was an act. He claims to be against cheating, but I suspect he hooked up with other women behind my back. He is toxic, manipulative, a selfish lover, and tried to make me someone I am not. He claims to be a Christian, but that could not be further from the truth, especially because of his porn addiction. He was homeless for two months was too prideful to reach out to his parents, who he lives with, for help. I could write a novel on the lies and other things he did to me.

My ex is a college drop out. He claims financial reasons, but because of his constant partying, I suspect it was also due to poor grades. He also bragged about taking more than the maximum course load, but again, this is a lie. He was convinced college was a scam and attempted to make me drop out of college on several occasions.

My ex is a postal worker, and work is the only thing he will talk about.

He won't allow you to talk about your interests and life because he is too self-absorbed in himself. If you are sad and try to go to him for comfort, he will scold you and blame everything on you. He has a car now, even though he did not for most of our relationship. Despite this, he will make you drive him across God's green earth and refuse to help pay for gas.

If you date my ex, he will neglect you when it is convenient for him. I underwent a major operation three months into our relationship, and he lied his way out of visiting me in the hospital. He will give every excuse in the book for not being able to see you, such as being tired, but will play video games until 3 a.m. He is a registered Republican, but if you are a Democrat, will lie about his political beliefs to get laid.

I cannot control what you do with this information, but I hope you seriously consider it before making any rash decisions.

I endured a lot of heartbreak that will take months to heal. Know your worth, queen, and don't let a toxic man decide your value.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.