To The Ex That Took Me For Granted

To The Ex That Took Me For Granted

This is going to make you wish you hadn't.

2699
To The Ex That Took Me For Granted
gimmeflair.com

To The Ex That Took Me For Granted,

Hey. How are you? I hope you are doing fine. No, honestly I hope you are doing fine because I am. Even after you completely destroyed the person I was and made me doubt my worth, I am doing just fine. This isn’t going to be a long letter I just wanted to say a couple things...

You are not a bad person you just did bad things

I know if my friends or current boyfriend saw this, they would want to kill me but it’s honestly true. When I first met you, you were a down to earth person, extremely funny and confident. There was not a single bad quality about you. The way you treated your mom and sister and the love and concern you showed for your friends and family just showed me what an honest to God, nice person you were. But I guess the shitty treatment you gave me made me forget about all that…but regardless you aren’t bad.

I have forgiven you, but I will NEVER forget.

Some people would say the things you did and said are unforgivable and at the time, when I was most vulnerable, I would agree. But now that I have grown and regained my confidence and self-love, I forgive you. You know why? Because not forgiving you was keeping me down after you already tore me apart. It was making me worse and making me hate myself and keeping me angry and one day I realized, you know what? You are not worth this type of stress anymore. So yeah, I have forgiven you for your horrible mistreatment but trust me…I am never going to forget.

And last but not least…

THANK YOU.

Truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. All my life I let people walk all over me and treat me how they pleased and never complained. I never once thought to myself “I have to not let people do this to me”, until I met you. You made me realize NO ONE should ever treat me the way you treated me. So I decided to cut people off, like my ex-best friend that you knew to be my go to person. Realistically, She was the opposite of that. You made me realize my self worth and what I truly deserve. So, I stopped letting men think that they could get what they wanted from me by not showing any effort.

You made me put my foot down and tell men like you, “No, I’m not giving you ANY type of attention until you prove you deserve it." Really, thank you because it led me to my current boyfriend. He has proved time and time again that he isn’t you and would never be like you. So far, he has given me everything you didn’t and he has treated me 1,000 times better than you ever could have. I’m sure if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a boy and a real man.

I am babbling and at this point you are probably sick to your stomach reading this so I will give you the bottom line.

Thank You for being the shitty person you are, for forcing me to realize I am worth so much more than you made me think, and for leading me into the arms of a man who is everything you are not.

Best Wishes,

The Ex Girlfriend You WISH You Didn’t Take For Granted