To The Ex I Left

To The Ex I Left

And Who Just Won't Let Me Be.

31
To The Ex I Left

I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for just up and leaving like I did.

Well, not really.

But it's been a year now, and you still won't leave it be.

I left you; I broke your heart just like you had numerous times before with mine. I'm aware of your emotions towards me, and the relationship that could not be. I'm conscious of the negative comments, belittling social media posts, and even the 'fights' you instigated because you are angry with me. You continue to play the full victim; believing that because I was the one who left, you are not at fault.

I left because of you.

I have been relatively quiet about the whole situation, hoping that others will see you for yourself for your actions. And they have. But now, I have decided it is time to speak of what happened, not to belittle you or to make a mockery of you, but for you to understand that it is over.

You see, you did many things to me. You lied to me, made believe I was less of myself, and simply took me down to your level. Year after year of the same behavior gets old after five years. But, it wasn't just the way you treated me that caused me to leave. What you fail to mention while repeatedly bashing me for this decision I have made, is what ended the relationship.

You fail to mention I found you lying, worst than you ever did before. You continued to lie as I asked about it and lied continuously until I had images and texts to prove what you had done. What you did outcast every lie, every name you have called me since.

I caught you with someone else.

I caught you with someone else where I should have been. I caught you lying to my face and feeling no remorse for what you have done either. Now whether you two actually "tangoed" is something I will always wonder, even if you both deny it. I still caught you giving someone else something I would never get from you.

Your satisfaction.

I feel ashamed, embarrassed, and most of all, used. In over the past year, I have found out more. I continue to feel utterly idiotic for ever giving you my time; you were never thinking with the right head.

So now it's a year later, and I have learned all the wrongs, all the lies I once believed. I've learned someone who loves me, would never put themselves in a position to lose me. I've learned that there is no excuse for anything you did to me. I've learned that the pain you cause will lessen, each day it does more and more. Every action you made taught me everything I don't deserve. I've learned that you are not the person you appear to be.

I have said I want the best for you, and I do. But, as you sit and write against my growth, happiness, and prosperity; it is evident you do not want the same for me. You have found great happiness with viewing myself in pain.

Well, that's just fine.

It is fine because I know I have done everything I could. When I love, I want the most for the other. I gave you the world; I made you my world. For five years, I gave you more than I gave myself and it was not enough. It was not that I was not enough; I've learned I am a good person despite what you say. I know now that the relationship ending was not something in my control; you can't change someone who does not see fault in their actions.

So, to the ex I left but who can't seem to leave me alone: Why? Some of your final words to me were that you hoped I was happy, and you hoped I found someone who treated me better, loved me better, and cared for me better than you did. So why do you continue with all the hatred? I've heard how you're angry over my achievements, and I know you have laughed at the first rumor of other heartbreak for me. Your angry, hatred, and what ever other filthy emotions you are feeling are simply, at this point, unnecessary. I've grown to be the happy girl I've always dreamt of being, and unfortunately, you could not help me within that growth. I've learned I'm deserving of time, energy, and love. I've healed from the pain you've caused me.

So, Just let me be.