To The Ex-Boyfriend Who Still Expects Me To Be Available

Though you might think that because we were together for so long, it's okay to pop up in my life whenever its convenient for you, you couldn't be more wrong.

58
Huffington Post

Alhough you might think that because we were together for so long, it's okay to pop up in my life whenever its convenient for you, you couldn't be more wrong.

There may be days when you think of me or the memories that we have shared. I'm human and I have those moments too. However, that doesn't give you the right to text me or call me with "I miss you" or "How have you been?" These innocent phrases are your way of making sure that I'm still wrapped around your finger. Before you texted or called me and planted these words and ideas in my head, I was doing just fine. It is your way of proving that you can still draw me back in. When you left me it broke my heart and I didn't think it could get any better. I had a lot of sleepless nights and I spent a lot of time shedding tears over you. I had to spend a lot of time accepting that we were over and that you didn't want to be with me anymore.

No matter what, my life will consistently be moving with or without you, and I have no more spare time to tend to your games. I don't have time for any more empty words or promises, especially not from you. I don't have time to every so often hear about how you miss having me in your life. Life is too short for me to keep taking 10 steps back or question where you and I stand. It is far too short to let someone continuously hurt me and bring me down. I only wish to move forward and grow.

With you, it has always been an emotional roller coaster of ups and downs and I deserve more than that. I deserve consistency and someone who wants to be a part of my life long-term. Someone who sees my worth from the beginning and wants to help me grow. If you really cared about me at all, you would want that for me too.

Every time I have ever given in to you because I believed the things you said, I have always ended up broken and confused. You knew I would be there when you texted me because I always have been. I always regret looking in the rearview mirror so many times with you when I should have been watching what was in front of me.

I'm genuinely happy with the way my life is going. I have accepted that some people don't stay in your life forever, just for a little while. I have learned that sometimes people are a part of your life to teach you something or make you grow, but not stay forever. I know that we broke up for a reason and though it hurts to have to say goodbye, I had to pick up the pieces and move forward with my life.

It's not fair for you or me to go in circles every so often only for it to end the same way. You and I do not see eye to eye. I'm not mad at you, I'm not bitter about it, and if you every truly needed me, I'd be there. I'm just not your cup of tea, and that's okay. There will be someone that is for me, and you will find someone who likes to play games.The next time that you're going throughout your life apart from me (like you wanted it), and you just so happen to wonder how I'm doing, just know that I am doing just fine.