to the dad who picked up the pieces

to the dad who picked up the pieces

a story about a dad who was always there for his daughter

17
to the dad who picked up the pieces

My Father like almost every other person on the planet is my hero. I look up to my Father because he is an unbelievably strong person, wise beyond his years, and he was always there to pick up the pieces. My dad is unbelievably strong because he had to deal with my mother for years. My parents are divorced, and have been since I was a young adolescent. My mother is a person that I gave copious chances to and let me down every single time. The one person that would always be there for me when my mother let me down was my father. He was there after every time she yelled at me. Every time she made me cry over god knows what. Every time she would break my heart, my father would be there. My father is one of the strongest people I know because he has had to deal with tragic events and still looks at the positive in life. He has been through so much therefore he gives the greatest advice. After my mother would pull one of her typical moves. My father would wipe the tears off of my cheeks and sit me down to give me honest to goodness advice. The advice would entail him saying "you are stronger than you think you are. Honey, you can't cry and let her get to you because than she wins. Than you lose and are hurt yet again." I would take this advice in, I would grow each time, and I would become stronger with every breakdown/ advice session. My father would be there every single time my mother would have a freak out at me whether catastrophic or minimal. He would be there wiping the tears off of my face, to soothe