To The Boy Who Needs To Let Me Go

To The Boy Who Needs To Let Me Go

I deserve someone who loves me in all the ways I wasted on you.

1130
To The Boy Who Needs To Let Me Go
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/01/05/6365077191132242001514548828_allef-vinicius-258276.jpg

I wait anxiously for the day I meet someone who sweeps me off my feet and makes me forget about all my past pain, just like you once did. The day this finally happens is when you become a piece of the past that will never resurface in the future.

I wait for the day for you to become nothing, after once meaning everything, but until then I’ll continue to cringe every time you still creep across my mind.

What you never took the time to realize is, you need me way more than I will ever need you. That’s why at 3 a.m. when you’re stumbling home from a night out, the first person to swim through your hurricane of intoxicated thoughts is me.

That’s why every time you’re in town, you are so urgent to meet up with me, begging for a reminder of how it feels for a girl to love you beyond the one-night duration you’re so familiar with.

Be the coward I know you are and convince yourself that I was just another girl of your many, even though we both know that’s a lie, for the reason I had the feelings I did was because they were all shared with you.

Tell yourself all you want when my eyes finally open and I no longer see you in the picture that I didn’t matter, even though I know I did. While I definitely wasn’t your only girl, I know I’ll forever be your favorite.

I deserve a guy who cares about how I feel every night, not just the ones I spend with you. I deserve someone who wants to show me off, and not just on his Snapchat at five in the morning.

But most of all, I deserve someone who loves me in all the ways I wasted on you.